Savin a scraper. 68 521

Jayden71

So, I have been tryin to get this 521 for bout 3 weeks now. Finally rolled down to Boise and picked it uo today!!

My first thought of her was kinda dissapontment

DSC01349.jpg

OOOOOH I see chrome peices :)

DSC01350.jpg

4 spare fenders, 2 in great shape and with the 1300 emblem :D

DSC01351.jpg

Cleaned all the crap outta the back and looky what we have here!! :hyper:

DSC01353.jpg

I not dissapointed anymore. I can put like what? 20s in there???

DSC01354.jpg

There she sits

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a 521 not a 520.

Looks like a good start to a project!

I had my suspicions. The 520s look a lot narrower. The more I looked at it the more it looks like my 71. The only difference on this one is it does not have the side marker lights. So late 68, model year 69?? :blink:

Ok, so got it figured out. It be a 521.

My immeadiate plans for it are nothing too exciting. I just gotta clean out my 2nd garage and put her in there for the winter. This will give me incentive to hook up the wood stove out there :thumbup: . Anyway, I can't do anything with it this weekend cuz I leave for work at about 1pm.

The main plans include obviously baggin the back. Its already notched and all might as well run with it. I do have a spare L20 sittin around, it just needs a rebuild. It was a strong runnin motor. I have no idea why my buddy tore it apart. Oh well. I definately wanna go 5 speed. Since it had the J13 that means its got 4.88 gears. As for paint, I like the primer gray with the faint black streaks runnin through it. A good friend of mine is a paint guy and he can help me with that. I think just paint it all like the bed is and then throw a few coats of clear on it.

This is not going to be a quick project by any means, money is always an issue. I did get the green light from the wife though :w00t: . Next weekend I will be cleanin out the cab and seein what all kind of goodies are in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap!!! I been too dam busy to even get the truck off the trailer! I have to go to work just to catch a break. Got the club meet to go to tomorrow, oh ya the wife wantzs to go to the mall too. Oh yay!! Looks like I will get into it next weekend.

Thats the trouble with bein a truck driver. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YAY!!! Any update is better than no update right??

So, the snow has finally melted away enough to where I can get the truck off the trailer. It has warmed up somewhat too. 35 degrees is a heatwave compared to -18!!

I found some really good chrome pieces in the cab today,

411 grille, really good shape :) 67?? :blink: or a 520 ??

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

2 521 grilles, near perfect condition

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

Any one need a grille, 1 or 2 of them may be goin up in the FS section.

Anyway, gotta clean out the back garage and push it in there. This summer gonna make some progress on it. Gottoa put a wood stove in the garage. Chester and wide14u are sposed to help me with that :D . Then I can work on it no matter what the weather :cool:

Oh ya I also found 3 521 front turn signal lenses and a new console for my blue 521, maybe. Needs some cleaning