My "new" Datsun '71 521

mcdatsun

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Been daily driving the truck and it's great. I haven't done much to the truck. I installed a stock radio, modded to play an iPod, connected to a pioneer 6x9. Had some issues with the install, the sound was terrible in the end, and the way the iPod mod worked I couldn't turn the volume down low enough. The truck never had a radio, so no antenna. Some how the stereo just didn't feel right, so I pulled it. Back to stock radio delete panel. Two days ago the truck failed AirCare (the BC gov't emissions test) blowing too much CO while driving, fine at idle. I figure it's a stuck power valve, it seemed a little sticky when I rebuilt it. I got it fairly smooth, but that was almost 8 months ago. Anywhoo, now I'm going to throw a new Weber on there and get everything else looked over at Specialty Engineering (the 510 race car builders here in Van). Still daily driving it but I won't be able to renew my insurance until I pass AirCare.

Anyhow, still just loving my truck. Named it 'Gus'. Best of all, now when we go out my wife says "Can we take Gus?" over the newer cars. She loves it too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I've been a little busy. Lot's of crap happening, but anyhow I've got a garage now and hope to do a few things soon. I'll post some under the hood photos soon. Still hope to go to discs but now my finances have gotten a little tight. I may just have to do some less ambitious things, like seats and seat-belts and work on fixing the radio (although I kind of love the engine sound).