• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We finished it up the other day. I have a few photo's of it, I would have gotten more buy Augusto wasn't able to make it until dark and my camera doesn't work to well in the dark.

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

I should have got a close up of the passenger side of the engine bay...

I got my first non turbo CA from Doug at fairlady and Agusto also got this SR from Doug. I got both my SR20DET's from a shop down south called Auto Sallon. I haven't had a problem with any JDM engines yet (knock on wood) we got Jareds SR from tiltnose. A non turbo SR from a repuital shop runs about 1600 and a turbo about 2600. I got my second SR front clip for 2300. I've never started it and sold most of the parts haha. I even got 100 bucks for the front clip! That was a few years ago, it seems harder to sell them now adays.

Those have to be the ugliest flares I've ever seen!

Well, if I have a brand new set if anyone likes them... :P

A non turbo SR from a repuital shop runs about 1600 and a turbo about 2600. I got my second SR front clip for 2300...

FWIW, the place I buy mine from charges around $900 for S13/S14 SR20DE, and around $1200 for the S15 SR20DE.

http://www.jhotimports.com/

Well, if I have a brand new set if anyone likes them... :P

FWIW, the place I buy mine from charges around $900 for S13/S14 SR20DE, and around $1200 for the S15 SR20DE.

http://www.jhotimports.com/

Why is the price jump at s15? s14 and s15 sr non turbo's are the same. The s13 is the different one out of the bunch. I've found the s13 ones for really cheap, the power difference is like 40 hp or something so I think the s14 or 15 is the way to go.

HEy guys, I been fighting a tailbone infection for the past week, so i haven't done much driving. I did drive all day on Saturday, and the car runs awesome. Thanks again to Frank and Jeff

I defenetly should of change the clutch before the swap, but we took the chance since it sold to me as "low-milage" engine. I dont' think it was out of cheapness, i just didn't have the time to be on every detail, with work and school. The clutch itself is not slipping under load, just has a really high release. Is there anyway to adjust this? At the rate that i am driving it, it should last me some time.

I'll post more pics when i get the chance.

They are newer (lower miles and in better shape), and much more rare.

Still seems that the price jump should be after the s13 engine to me. Since the s14 and 15 are the same damn thing it makes no sence... 1 year difference and you pay way more? The turbo ones I can see, they have a bunch of extra goodies.

Also...

The s13 is rated at 140-145hp, the S14/S15 is rated at 163hp. Not quite 40hp more... ;)

Google must have let me down.... Maybe I was looking at the SR16VVT