Side Project: Beater 510

jackedaw11

I picked up this banged-up 510 on a whim, but I don't really know what to do with it. Its got damage on almost every panel, its been rear ended and front ended and it has some serious rust in the drivers side floor. It's never going to be a nice showcar, but I think its still too good to part out. I'm thinking lower it, hammer out some of the dents and fix the rust, and spray it flat black? Maybe do a motor swap? It would be fun to have a little rat rod to bomb around in.

Anyways, here's some pics:

image002.jpg

Caved in passenger door

image003.jpg

shattered rear quarter and crunched tail light panel

image001.jpg

Its a mess under the hood, but I drove it home!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried getting it too LOL!! I called, left message, he called back next day i think and said it was sold.

Yeah, i would just fix the floorboard, new door, tail/qtr panel. You could scuff the paint and shoot something on there and make it look decent. god damn that engine bay needs a good wash!

I tried to get that guy to spend money on a electronic ignition conversion about 5years ago. This guy is cheap/weird ect.. Typical Datsun owner!Ecentric.

But has a nice place house w/land. I drive home on that road everyday but rarely seen the car on the road. Hes selling his house. Maybe downsizing or his sick.

I was going to give my extra set of windows for him but said Fuck it. He was just to cheap of a guy to make upgrades on this car. I think it needs turnsignal housing. I think it just had soem reflectors or something.Said Hell Im nt helping him out.

Ben, If you need a window or maybe Jeff has one he can give you for the back.

just fix the major rust spots otherwise rattle can the fucker. slam it down use as a driver.

I tried to get that guy to spend money on a electronic ignition conversion about 5years ago. This guy is cheap/weird ect.. Typical Datsun owner!Ecentric.

But has a nice place house w/land. I drive home on that road everyday but rarely seen the car on the road. Hes selling his house. Maybe downsizing or his sick.

I was going to give my extra set of windows for him but said Fuck it. He was just to cheap of a guy to make upgrades on this car. I think it needs turnsignal housing. I think it just had soem reflectors or something.Said Hell Im nt helping him out.

Ben, If you need a window or maybe Jeff has one he can give you for the back.

just fix the major rust spots otherwise rattle can the fucker. slam it down use as a driver.

Yep, that's the guy alright. I had a spare window so that's fixed, needs a clutch really really bad, EI dizzy, and a drivers side floor.

You bastage!! I was wondering what lucky chap got that car!

I wanted it bad, I mean c'mon a 2dr driver for $500!!!

I called and called and called all evening but got busy signals......

Got him the next morning at 8am and he said there was 10 people in line to see it and laughed............:angry:

At least a ratsuner got it. DON'T PART IT OUT!!!

I'll give you $600. :)