Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi one of those is a vent and needs to remain open i know when we put the flat tops on my buddys truck theres a line that connects the two float bowls and it never worked right till we vented those(it was capped....then it purred and didnt stay at high idol...the ones we did looked a little different but i know when it was hooked up fuel poured out the front of the carbs like a stuck float....

nice air cleaner too bad it didnt work it looked cool.....we also used a 26 dollar sync tool .. then they start ed to run even better

I did use a tool to sync the carbs. I have the vents open to atmosphere. I have the fuel feed hooked up to my fuel pump. Carbs are running super well. Its just the rear carb that has the extra port.

I definitely need to tweak my thottle linkage a little more. And the carb linkage is bindind a bit sometimes not allowing it return to idle. I fix this for now buly tapping the gas pedal and it drops.

Now that I have had a chance to start it cold and drive to work, I am happy. Engine started right up without choke, and idled at 400 smoothly. As it warmed up idle picked up to 650-700. The engine idles so much smoother now, hot or cold. I no longer have a off idle dead spot. The sound, well its less throaty than the 32/36 but its a lot more aggressive sounding.

not being a dick but how can it idle smoothly at 400....lol.....my idles all sit at 900 and about 1300 with choke....... my mazda every now and again will drop to about 600 but it sounds like its got a huge duration cam or is dropping every other hole......which sounds cool but is way to low...and is hard to get to rev up...takes some cleaning out......that air cleaner looks sick too bad about the crack .... u might try thicker acrylic ..... if it cracked, most likely that is harmonic ....heat would maybe crack but more likely striate...that wierd little syncing tool works good.....there like 20 bux on ebay too...

Im not joking. Its super quiet, car barely shakes. And the motor is still responsive. Although I much prefer the 650-700 range, that is reserved for once warm. 3 times today I started it and it idled at 400.

My 32/36 was all over the board on idle. If you let it warm up, Idle would be 900. Go for a drive and stop, it would be 650, and then slowly rise as the under hood temp raised. Choke would usually be 1100, any lower and the car had no power at idle. The motor also vibrated like crazy when idling and was quite annoying. But I just couldnt get the idle mixture or timing to make it any smoother.

I have not touched my Dizzy since the changeover. I still dont have the Vac Advance hooked up, as I need some vinyl tube to make some of the bends that are required.

Came home from work, and fixed the throttle linkage, just a little more twisting. No more dead spot on the pedal.

As far as the filter, I think the acrylic cracked from the vibration. Im not too worried yet.

yeah my 32/36 will high idle if i been driivng it highway and slowly drop.....thats crazy i know hans 521 idled super smooth on his su's ....his is about 800....thats cool though ....i know my 32/336 i re adjust about every four monthes ........and if i ever tried to get it to idle at 450 it would shake so bad the bumpers would rattle....lol.......wheres the vid of it runnig

yeah my 32/36 will high idle if i been driivng it highway and slowly drop.....thats crazy i know hans 521 idled super smooth on his su's ....his is about 800....thats cool though ....i know my 32/336 i re adjust about every four monthes ........and if i ever tried to get it to idle at 450 it would shake so bad the bumpers would rattle....lol..

>>>>>>.....wheres the vid of it runnig

And yes thicker Acrlic...I like the look.

IMG_0761.JPG

Oh hot damn I love these carbs. Finally got on the freeway tonight, it pulls so much harder in 4th and 5th now. And they are still nice and quiet at cruise. And I now think 3rd is my favorite gear, has enough torque at 25mph to get going pretty well, but lasts to 70 if I push it.

So I got a package today!

Mirrors!

These are BMW flag mirrors, often associated with the 2002, but on many others as well.

Almost perfect condition, and I got them for a decent deal.

I think I might try to mount them tomorrow, but So far I am making tomorrow a busy day...

WP_000222.jpg

WP_000221.jpg

WP_000220.jpg

Ok pictures. I taped it to my door. It could probably raise a degree... And I will be mounting them more forward, this was simply a quick fitment test.

Inside view, seems to be 95% useable to me, good enough.

IMG_0762.JPG

Outside views.

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Yes.

I have decided that I hate rain. And I should clean my garage, again.

Cleaning my garage seems to be a never ending chore...

Im not really having much problem with the brakes, the car is stopping just fine right now... knock on wood...

I have also convinced myself to buy a new floor jack. I found one I like ($180, but out of stock right now...) which only has positive reviews anywhere I search. My current one is slow, and doesnt really fit under my car super well.