Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

Package tomorrow! Fedex says 65lbs...

Anyways finished up my wiring diagram for my PW/PL. Its divided on the left and right side.

On the left you can see the keyless module (security too, but I dont know about any sirens). I didnt include the LED light/shock sensor in the wiring as its an enclosed loop. Notice also the lack of lock/unlock switch. I always found it funny when cars have unlock switches and door lock pulls... On the right, the C1 and C2 are the connectors for the Saturn window switches, so thats why you dont see front switches anywhere. Also the box with a bajillion wires going in and out of it is the window automation, which allows for 1 touch up or down, along with window roll up with locking the car, and roll down the windows with the keyfob. Only on front windows.

I think my favorite part is the dome light coming on when I hit the unlock button.

And now I am figuring what color I want all the wires, which is obnoxious to do. Window wires will all have to be 14ga, while most of the car will be 16ga.

Next step, another diagram showing the layout of the harness in the car (yet to be determined) and where I want any connectors to keep the harness removable for any reason.

And I need to figure out a way to pop the hatch... I have an idea after checking out how the Z car guys do it...

2013-03-05.jpg

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have used Exel/Numbers/Open Office to make the diagram. Would probably be pretty easy to sketch up. 

Thinking Visio.

So far I cant find any software I like. And for now, I like doing things by hand. Lets me "run the wires."

Before I do the rest of the car I am going to find something, and to make this digital.

Its Paolo something. 

Edit: Paolo Musante... just looked it up. 

Close enough for be to figure it out. Thanks!

And since you are adobe master, how would editing a B/W picture go? I have CS4...

I already hate that idea. Would be better to just keep in all in one program to keep it easily editable in the future.

When I was running Linux, I only ran Ubuntu; I loved it. I never had any issues with it. I always recommended it to new Linux users and people who barely used the computer based on its crazy amount of specific need distributions. 

I've used a lot of distro's.. I recently switched to Linux Mint. It's a fork of Ubuntu. Debian based and pretty sleek. You've got a few choices of window managers you can use as well. Ubuntu and Gnome started getting really ugly.

I've used a lot of distro's.. I recently switched to Linux Mint. It's a fork of Ubuntu. Debian based and pretty sleek. You've got a few choices of window managers you can use as well. Ubuntu and Gnome started getting really ugly.

Ive since gone solely to Mac and havent looked back. Theres no instance that Ive regretted my decision and Ive never even wanted to dual boot for any reason. I work with Linux and Windows for the Navy and I dont need any of that headache in my personal life. 

Wow man... I just sat and read your whole thread. You've done a lot of work, I'll have to check it out next time I see you. BTW, did the headlight lenses come in a set of 4?

Ellipsoids usually come in pairs, but that doesnt mean you cant buy 4 from someone selling more than one set. 

The clear lenses... I tried to look them up on eBay but all I found was a set of 4.

I actually bought new headlights from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=330880961190

Then I took my angle grinder and cut the plastic housing right below the glass. Then carefully took the remaining plastic off that was actually directly glued on. And finally to take the glue off (which seems more like silicone) I used a razor blade for the majority, and then a wire wheel on my dremel.

If I was to try it again, I might try shoving them in the oven at 400 for like 7-10 minutes. Who knows...