Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

Got a package today.

It contained this:
IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

I have been slinging some mud... I dont like this new can of bondo, it doesnt lay down as smooth, its also a different color (lighter grey) than the last.

IMG_0166.JPG

Sanded with 80, then 220. Just a quick job. Painted it white with Rustoleum Auto Enamel... (not seen)

IMG_0167.JPG

And wrapped! Im ok with it considering its my first time using vinyl wrap. The sharper the bend, the harsher it is to work with...

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

I think I will get around to installing it Friday if its not raining.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. Has anyone tried modifying a stock Blazer/Jimmy spoiler to work on the goon?

Yes, and the Subaru GL one. And simply cutting the top off another Wagon hatch.

This is not for style, but function. That is where the three previous fail. 

The Blazer one does nothing to keep the back of the car clean or dry. The Subie one keeps a small triangle dry on the back window, but the window gets dirty still. Wagon one looks the best, but is marginal at keeping it clean.

This one is a direct copy from a Canada Dealer option. This one keeps the rear window dry and clean, and also supposedly increases a mpg or 2.

Anyways its on. Riv-nuts were used. Pictures at a further date. Im a bit cranky and tired now after work. I know I have said it before, but FUCK FORD.

I like it but I would much rather have a factory rear wiper if one ever such existed.... Like the wrap laecon I was handling some of that very material at a buddy's graphic shop today..... We had talked of wrapping a spook in it but rumor has it I won't have to fake the carbon fiber on a spook now..... Still lovin the look of your goon dude .... A+

Yes, and the Subaru GL one. And simply cutting the top off another Wagon hatch.

This is not for style, but function. That is where the three previous fail. 

The Blazer one does nothing to keep the back of the car clean or dry. The Subie one keeps a small triangle dry on the back window, but the window gets dirty still. Wagon one looks the best, but is marginal at keeping it clean.

This one is a direct copy from a Canada Dealer option. This one keeps the rear window dry and clean, and also supposedly increases a mpg or 2.

Anyways its on. Riv-nuts were used. Pictures at a further date. Im a bit cranky and tired now after work. I know I have said it before, but FUCK FORD.

So I'm not the only one with a filthy wagon hatch!?  That makes me feel better.  My car gets so bad in the winter that the hatch turns a different color than the rest of the car...

So I'm not the only one with a filthy wagon hatch!?  That makes me feel better.  My car gets so bad in the winter that the hatch turns a different color than the rest of the car...

ratsun ,  were people openly admit to not washing there shit.....lol

ratsun ,  were people openly admit to not washing there shit.....lol

Lol

I've got the outdoor faucets covered and insulated for the winter, and the blocks in the back of my goon make it so I can't go through any car washes.  The leafs always get hung up on the trough thing that you have to drive into.  It's just as well, because I would probably have to wear swimming trunks to go through any car wash anyway.

• Like 1

Been getting in some work here and there. Work regarding my power windows, and keyless door locks. Its amazing how much is actually involved when one does not want to just slap it together.

Ill probably have more pics later tonight, well I know I will, but I need to go to Home Depot... but no other cars are home...

So one of the reasons I have been stalling on this project, is the wiring. I hate doing bad wiring, and will only do it if it can easily be redone. Well this is one of those cases where I dont think I want to spend the time twice. There are ALOT of connections to make for the power windows, not because its complicated, but because there are 4 doors, 6 switches, and I am also putting in a module for auto up/down for the fronts. This module will also allow for the keyless to auto roll up the front windows when locked, and allow me to roll down the front windows with the extra button on the key fob.

The Keyless will require 2 relays, and the Windows 1 relay, maybe 2. And of course fuses for all the systems.

On top of all of that I know I want to motor swap my car one day, and that will be another 3 relays.

I want all of this to be clean, to be factory ish looking. I cannot source a good aftermarket fuse/relay block. So at this point I am thinking I am going to pull a fuse box out of a 80s car and rewire it will all new wire and connectors in it. I looked briefly at different ones at the JY and I liked the E30/E34 BMW ones the most. They used blade style fuses, and housed a decent amount of Relays; it is easy to get to all the wires on the back side and put in new connectors, and best of all the box is square, giving a nice older look and not so form fitted. It will probably end up under/behind the glovebox area. It will also make the factory fuse box obsolete.

In the last set of photos, I am taking the door off to do 2 things, rebuild the hinges (they are absolutely terrible), and install a wiring boot. I got this boot from a Volvo V70 rear door. Grabbed 4 of course.

Anyways pictures of things I have done. (Later should be rebuilt hinges, and door back on...)

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG