Freakys Frontier

So those of you that know me know that I have a hooptee for a daily driver. Well this weekend I decided it was time to fix that so I bought a 2000 Nissan frontier crew cab so far so good it still need a few things like a real tow hitch and may be a better sound system but me and the kids love it!!!

NissanP-up4.jpg

NissanP-up6.jpg

NissanP-up2.jpg

NissanP-up1.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!!! I too recently bought a 2002 frontier crew cab, as my daily driver was becoming more of a couple days a week driver....just didn't trust it anymore..

I just got back from Vegas and it did great the whole way there and back. No problems on the hills or anything!!!

Hope you enjoy!

I love the way those trucks look my favorite year. I'm considiring buying one my self around the first of the year I just dunno if I want a car payment if ya don't mind me askin what did ya pay for that beauty

Look around you can find them for a reasonable price. I looked for 6 months before i found this 1. And no Payment Just straight cash money.

I've had my 1998 Frontier single cab for most of it's life and it's a awesome truck. Clutch and alternator is the only things i ever replaced. I need a crew cab like that, my kids always want to ride in the truck, but there's no room for mommy! i work mine hard, heavy loads, night job delivering pizzas, and teaching my wife to drive a manual!

I am use to getting around 25 mpg so with the v6 3.3 and a 4 speed auto i hope to stay around those #'s. But if you have ever rode or seen the moldsmobiles you wouldn't care if you were get 10mgs :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope to drive it for many years. For being 10 years old its a pretty clean, I crawled under it today to see what was there and damn its clean underneath the truck too. :blink: :rolleyes: :D

The 4x4 V6 Frontier is basically a gas hog. I would bet you average 16-18mpg on whatever type of street driving you do.

You are not likely to even get 25 on the highway, not even if that was a 5-speed manual.

I have to drive super gentle to get an average of 23 on a tank which is about what the reports show for my truck. 20-21 is more common of an average. That puts me at about 18 city, 25 highway.

The 4x4 V6 Frontier is basically a gas hog. I would bet you average 16-18mpg on whatever type of street driving you do.

You are not likely to even get 25 on the highway, not even if that was a 5-speed manual.

I have to drive super gentle to get an average of 23 on a tank which is about what the reports show for my truck. 20-21 is more common of an average. That puts me at about 18 city, 25 highway.

thank god it's only a 2wd and not a 4x4 and i drive like a little old lady on the streets

• 1 month later...

Wow. My 04 frontier crew cab short bed 2wd 5 speed gets like 18-19.5mpg. If I burn out a whole tank on the highway nonstop at an even 70mph with ~400 pounds of cargo and very light on the pedal I get maybe 21-22mpg.

I just put in 18 gallons after 320 miles yesterday so I guess I was about out of gas. LOL!

Before this 10% ethanol gas started a couple years ago I got 25mpg highway and 20mpg city!

Wow. My 04 frontier crew cab short bed 2wd 5 speed gets like 18-19.5mpg. If I burn out a whole tank on the highway nonstop at an even 70mph with ~400 pounds of cargo and very light on the pedal I get maybe 21-22mpg.

I just put in 18 gallons after 320 miles yesterday so I guess I was about out of gas. LOL!

Before this 10% ethanol gas started a couple years ago I got 25mpg highway and 20mpg city!

That sounds about right. You have a V6, right? I don't think they kept making the crewcab 2wd with a 4-cyl after 2000.

In my post above I had thought his 4-door was a 4x4 but its a 2wd.

My truck is 4-cyl kingcab, but the auto cuts down on the gas millage a bit. Now that I have a lumber rack on it my highway millage is down to about 23mpg. That things puts up some serious wind resistance.

That sounds about right. You have a V6, right? I don't think they kept making the crewcab 2wd with a 4-cyl after 2000.

In my post above I had thought his 4-door was a 4x4 but its a 2wd.

My truck is 4-cyl kingcab, but the auto cuts down on the gas millage a bit. Now that I have a lumber rack on it my highway millage is down to about 23mpg. That things puts up some serious wind resistance.

Yes the VG33E.

I had the choice between a black 2005 crew cab with the 4 cylinder, or the red 2004 with the V6 for the same price, so I went with the older one. LOL

• 5 months later...

So now I am having a issue with the truck..

It started to sputter and wont idle or rev right,I cant even get it to accelerate.

It started a little while ago So i did the cap,rotor,plugs/wires and K&N air filter. It helped a little. So i took it and had it plugged in and came back with no codes.

So we un hooked the battery, grounded the + cable for like and hour,Cleaned out the inside of the dist.(a common problem with these i guess)Hooked it up and it ran fine for 2 weeks. Then it just started doing it again so I tried the battery and cleaning out the dist. trick and nothing!!

I am lost!! It is running so shitty i cant even get it to a shop.any ideas :( :crying:

144,000 miles

v6 3.3

auto

I know they are completely different cars.. But my honda accord wagon started doing that the other day!... I thoght that maybe the fuel filter was clogged so i got a new one did an oil change trans change plugs cap wires and it still did it. My only hope was maybe one of the injectors were clogged. Sure enough i put in some injector cleaner and ran it through. Never had that problem again..

4cyl

F22a

fwd

I know im gonna get flammed for it but comparison works.

Try cleaning the injectors

~ Dillon

I ran Lucas and some Heat thru it last week but i will try it again. I did buy gas at am/pm which i never normally do :unsure:

and I will be getting a new dist. A piece broke off

IMAG0199.jpg

at 12 oclock the orange piece broke off and fell in side :(

That orange stuff just looks like glue. If it was, then make sure the connections it was securing aren't broken as well.

its a plastic cap.Its bye far the wierdest dist i have seen lolz not used to all this bs give me a noncomputer ran motor lol