Fisch's art up for charity auction- Robot killer

Hey dudes, sorry for the plug, but it is for a good cause! I did an original painting of a kid rocking a banana seat bike fighting a robot and its up on a charity auction on ebay. Saddly for you cats, not Datsun related, but I thought some of you LA guys might be interested since it goes to support creative kids at 826LA. Heck I live all the way over in MA and wanted to be a part of it.

FischArt on ebay

"826LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. Our services are structured around the understanding that great leaps in learning can happen with one-on-one attention, and that strong writing skills are fundamental to future success."

I have nothing to do with the auction other than creating the art. An awesome artist named Dan Santat is running the whole thing.

Anyway if you know anyone who might be interested, it is currently only $70!

14X18 watercolor and acrylagouache on paper.

There is also other cool art, DiTerlizzi and others here!

Other cool art for the cause

OH_NO_Final.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang! I dropped $100 on it and got outbid immediately! :( Oh well....would have been a cool piece of art. I know it's worth much more, but I still other projects pullin' on the wallet :)

Awesome work Scott!!!

Mike you are so freakin awesome! Thanks for getting the bid up for a good cause! :D

Pharouh, this one is watercolor and Acryla Gouache and Higgins ink on watercolor paper.

Pharouh, this one is watercolor and Acryla Gouache and Higgins ink on watercolor paper.

...wait....you did this one by hand? I was assuming it was all digital. Heck...if you did that one by hand, I just might have to up that bid some more! :)

All by hand mike! Nutin digital about it!

Impressive.....so I doubled it! I'm still out bid :( I hope it goes for way more! I sure would have smiled if I could have won it for $200! Maybe in a few more years I can become an art collector! I've already got my collection started :)

How do you leave the negative space in the right spots?.......... it's so hard to make watercolors detailed....... because you can only get white with negative space

Did you draw it on the watercolor paper with a pencil first?.. . . . . . ......... awesome work fisch,,

Thanks man! Yup! I drew it in pencil, then I think I inked it followed by the washes then a bit more inking to touch it up!

Mike, YOU RULE!!!! Way to make me look good!

That's pretty cool, fisch.

NOTE: 90% of the sale is donated to 826LA. The other 10% is used to cover the sale and listing fees which are charged to the seller (me). It's a 9% final sales fee! INSANE!

Did Dan look into ebay's charity auction options? I'm not really familiar with them myself, but it seems like they have the mechanism in place for doing them, so that you aren't charged the normal seller fees.

http://givingworks.ebay.com/

Any eBay seller can use eBay Giving Works to donate 10% to 100% of their item's final sale price to you, and get a credit on their Insertion and Final Value fees. (The minimum for eBay Motors sellers is 1%.)

Sorry fisch,, , , I totally understand if you want me to delete this pic............. and sorry skib, ,, I totally understand if you ban me:

8667.jpg

HA! I was gonna do that myself! Good job! BAAAAAAAAN HAMMMMMER!!!!

Big thanks to you for gettin it up there Mike! Looks like the Dan Yaccarino went for $13 buck more, but that dude if famous, so I can live with that!! And all for a great cause!