Very Rare!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first post war Roadster appeared in 1952. There were no Fairlady cars before '63 they were still Roadsters. Calling a 60 Roadster a next generation Fairlady is like calling a '68 Roadster a Z car. goes2fast this is not directed at you. :lol: I removed your double post... this is.

"The roadster became the spl213 in October 1960, with a stroked 55hp E motor and a whole host of new features. Its next evolution, the Fairlady, appeared that year at the Tokyo auto show to much critical acclaim. Only about 500 of the Sport 200 series roadsters were produced, with sales of the model continuing till early 1963. "

"The new Prototype roadster became the all new Fairlady Sports 1500 sp310 in October 1963. It was a redesigned 3 seater, that became a 2 seater halfway through the '63 production run. The SP310 had a 1488cc OHV 4 G engine that initially put out 75 horsepower with a single SU(61-63), then 85 horsepower when twin SU's(64-65). Production of the SP310 1500 Fairlady continued till April 65, with the total number of cars produced reaching 6905. For those wondering, the Fairlady name is rumored to have come from then Nissan president Kawamata, who had seen the musical "My Fair Lady" while on a trip to America.

flroadst.jpg

A very special thank you to Merlin Blackwell and his site for this info.

The first post war Roadster appeared in 1952. There were no Fairlady cars before '63 they were still Roadsters. Calling a 60 Roadster a next generation Fairlady is like calling a '68 Roadster a Z car. goes2fast this is not directed at you. :lol: I removed your double post... this is.

"The roadster became the spl213 in October 1960, with a stroked 55hp E motor and a whole host of new features. Its next evolution, the Fairlady, appeared that year at the Tokyo auto show to much critical acclaim. Only about 500 of the Sport 200 series roadsters were produced, with sales of the model continuing till early 1963. "

"The new Prototype roadster became the all new Fairlady Sports 1500 sp310 in October 1963. It was a redesigned 3 seater, that became a 2 seater halfway through the '63 production run. The SP310 had a 1488cc OHV 4 G engine that initially put out 75 horsepower with a single SU(61-63), then 85 horsepower when twin SU's(64-65). Production of the SP310 1500 Fairlady continued till April 65, with the total number of cars produced reaching 6905. For those wondering, the Fairlady name is rumored to have come from then Nissan president Kawamata, who had seen the musical "My Fair Lady" while on a trip to America.

flroadst.jpg

A very special thank you to Merlin Blackwell and his site for this info.

If there were no Fairlady cars before 63 explain the spl212 designation and the Fairlady on the fender. If you look at the add, there is a complete history of the car, been in the same family for years! I double posted so that it would reach all that cared, with a piece of Datsun history like this, I thought it was important to reach out to as many as possible. :P

Ha you guys are late to the party! ;)

Ratsun classified

It is somewhat local to me (AMAZINGLY for the NE) so I did a thread as soon as it turned up. (Though I should have updated since it went on the bay. I even got to put in the first bid, which was swamped in about 5 min. It is also on Bring a trailer. (Heh BAT did give me credit for the ebay update 'Scott F.' aren't I special!)

Bring a trailer

How sweet would this be next to my '59!

I even got to put in the first bid, which was swamped in about 5 min.

Sorry Fisch, I'm the one who bumped it to $2500. I had planned to go up to $5500. No need since it's way past that now. Based on the craigslist ad it looked pretty good, but the ebay pics show more detail. It looks like a bigger project than I want to take on anyway. At least that's what I'm telling myself now that I can't afford it.

~Todd

Sorry Fisch, I'm the one who bumped it to $2500. I had planned to go up to $5500. No need since it's way past that now. Based on the craigslist ad it looked pretty good, but the ebay pics show more detail. It looks like a bigger project than I want to take on anyway. At least that's what I'm telling myself now that I can't afford it.

~Todd

Totally Todd! Never for a second did I think I had a chance at getting this one! I just put in that first bid so I could say I bid on it. I knew it wouldn't even come close to the reserve! I was actually crossing my fingers you'd get it!

It's better off going to someone who knows how to do a restoration anyway. I'm really a hacker when it comes to car repair and I'd feel bad abusing it...5 years from now it would be rattle-can black with a blown motor in it and every serious classic owner would hate me.

Like Falcon seats in a first year Mustang, only a mustang guru would notice or care.

he actually has the proper hubcaps for this model shown in one of his pictures. in the cars bio it mentioned that it was taken back to japan after being bought, my guess would be that original owner picked up the cedric emblem and hubcaps because he thought they looked sharp.

Just to update, the auction topped out at $10,000 and reserve wasn't met. It was just relisted with a starting bid of $11,000 no reserve, and a buy-it-now price of $15,000. Seems a little optimistic since it didn't hit $10,000 last time, but I can't blame him for trying.

Auction is here.

It's way out of my price range at that price.

Thanks, Fischie.

The sad part is that I probably have better access to parts for it than most bidders. I just can't see dropping 5 figures on a Datsun unless it's a CSP311.

Dang hitman. Is there anything you don't know about rare datsuns?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.