ka24e in a 620

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well today i got to drive it for about 10 minutes and then park it again cause the exhaust is WAY to loud. Also make sure you have a friend forget to tighten the lugnuts on one of your wheels, it just ads to the excitement of a freshly swapped project!! lol. Ah man that was funny watching all six lug nuts just shoot off, hahaha it was crazy! peace.

no its not as fast i thought it would be but then again I dont have any exhaust so I really dont wanna rev it or push it hard. The bottom end is noticable because you never have to touch the gas as you let the clutch out. Im hoping when the exhaust is done that it will be a noticable upgrade! peace.

HEY! I'm not entirely to blame for that wheel faling off. seriously, if more than one wheel needed to be torqued, i would not have forgotten. I pass some of the blame off on josh for flipping the wheel to show off your cool "dish"

funnier than the lugnuts coming of at once was our reaction, what to do when a wheel falls off:

1.make a comment "huh, that sucks"

2.pull over (can be tricky with a missing wheel)

3.get out and inspect the situation

4.walk away, gonna be walking, no reason to stand around (maybe pick up the lugnuts)

im sure it looked funny to anyone watching, "i think those guys just ditched that truck"

• 1 month later...

well, i almost have the engine back together and now just needs to be put back in. I was gonna sort out my ugly ass wiring but I think to just show my true ratsuness I am gonna leave it how it is. I was also gonna paint it before Canby but I dont think thats gonna happen. Also, anyone know if any companies sell generic replacement injectors? I had this injector on the intake that had NO markings what so ever!! Where all the other three had some sort of part number or nissan hamburger stamping. All the others were the same part number at least. I replaced em all with a decent set of stanza injectors that appear to be almost new. If this doesnt fix the rich problem the truck ahd then I am gonna have to actually take it somewhere to get diagnosed. Anyway i will be at canby with the 620 dead or alive!!! peace.

Check the ecu codes and clean the maf to start with, if its still running rich you could try a O2 censor the one wires are cheap.

I highly recomend the checking the codes.

well the ecu was cleared out several times before driving it each day so I dont think it stored any codes for me. I found my battery draw after I had spun the rod bearing and i was still drving the truck. So, hopefully I will see what it has too say now.

Anyway, heres some progress pics of the engine teardown/buildup

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

should be running in time because i think it goes in on tuesday night and is actually currently more assembled than the pictures show. It got dark so I didnt take any others and I have been doing homework all day, bleh! Anyway, this ka came from a friend of mine whos truck we turbocharged and he had bought this block as a spare. Also, kiznook has another block assembly in our friends garage. I am not however going to do this ever againand if this KA blows I am really gonna sell the truck. peace.

Haha My truck has been running like a top (knock on wood) I think I've put around 10k on it, seriously! with all the committing I have done.... Well the speedo is off and it says I've gone about 13k since I got the ka in it. I don't know how much its off though...

I say you get yours running and turbo it :D

i think trucks are the only ones that have swirl valves correct? If its the same system as the 240's butterfly's in the runners then I just removed the butterfly's and that was it. The fuel pressure regulator i tapped into a vacum line right off the back of the plenum. I only have three vacuum lines total ones for the FPR, brake booster, and air regulator which connects into the stock 240 intake tube. peace.

one was for swirl control valve the other was for the FPR but it didnt make a difference so i took it off this time around. I took some pics last night of all the vacumlines I actually have hooked up I just didnt get a chance to upload them last night.

So, is your truck gonna make it to canby? I am really interested in checking out everyones swap. I am thinking about changing the engine mounts to lower the engine some which I think will help me gain access to a few things I cant right now when the engine is in. peace.

Jason I was thinking about the swirl butterfly setup, well I don't have mine plugged it. When I was comparing the de and E manifolds I relized that they are open until vacum is aplied...

Yeah, my truck will be there, it will be on a trailer but it will be there.:o

Jeff, if both of your guys' trucks are running without it, then I guess I wont worry about hooking up the swirl control valve. I also removed all of the solenoid valves including the one under the throttle body.

If I can get the bellhousing swapped tonight, I should be able to drop the motor in tomorrow. Everything looks so pretty now that it's painted!:P

i think trucks are the only ones that have swirl valves correct? If its the same system as the 240's butterfly's in the runners then I just removed the butterfly's and that was it. The fuel pressure regulator i tapped into a vacum line right off the back of the plenum. I only have three vacuum lines total ones for the FPR, brake booster, and air regulator which connects into the stock 240 intake tube. peace.

I've seen these swirl valves used in a FWD KA in a Stanza. Due to low intake runner velocity these valves promote 'swirl' or turbulence in the cylinder (only at low speeds). This results in a more uniform mixture and even burning for smoother running with less hot spots to cause pinging. They only come into play at low speeds and are there anyway weather you use them or not. Leave them connected.

I've seen these swirl valves used in a FWD KA in a Stanza. Due to low intake runner velocity these valves promote 'swirl' or turbulence in the cylinder (only at low speeds). This results in a more uniform mixture and even burning for smoother running with less hot spots to cause pinging. They only come into play at low speeds and are there anyway weather you use them or not. Leave them connected.

Mike I never hooked mine up and it runs fine. It is controlled by the ecu and I got rid of the wires..... So I can't even do testing...... Since you are the research expert :D Why is the only ecu that works well the number 11? The rest make the engine cut out.....