Reasons to conserve energy and go green

my 63 vw gets 40mpg (cost me 1500 dollars but gets the same mpg as a smart car but lol I can seat FOUR people in it comfortably and go the same speed!) I don't need things like A/C and fancy pants features, I think its funny when people tell me I should get rid of my bug for a more environmentally friendly car like a pruis :rolleyes:

Every day I get more and more tempted to buy something with a old big block v8 and just eat up some gas just to spite these assholes. I guess thats why I'm buying a kawasaki triple, 2 stroke gas eating gp fury!

Would that happen to be a 750 triple?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record.......

I ride my bicycle to and from work, about 8km or almost 5 miles each way, every day, rain or shine, summer or winter. I don't work if it snows which isn't that often, mostly rain. I could give a fuck about saving gas. I thoroughly love those 20 minute work outs twice a day. Keeps my legs in shape, I work outdoors for a land surveying company so I'm everywhere from sea level to up the mountains, often in rugged terrain. The cardio work out allows me to keep up with anyone else and I don't have to flop on the ground and gasp like a fish out of water after a climb.

The most gas I have bought this year was for the trip to Canby plus a tank full before, in my 710. Last year was two tank fulls for my 620. Mrs.datzen drives it to work and she is always surprised how good the mileage is. Doing out part to enjoy our resources before they are gone. By resources, I of course, mean our 710.:)

Conserve this, jackass!

Actually, I am quite the recycler and usually I drive for mileage. However, playing with vehicles does require copious usage of throttle from time to time.

We need moar pictures of burn outs and 4x4ing from fellow ratsuners. I think we should rename this the "wasting of finite resources" thread in honor of the tree hugging hippie who spammed the board to begin with. Hopefully they'll come back to see their work and it'll really piss them off! :D