chip sealing...

oh boy, i just love it when the state decides that they need to chip seal one of the major highways between my home and work...

prolly none of ya are familiar with highway 20-26 here in the greater boise/ caldwell area, but with the recent harassment from the POlice on the freeway, this has been my main way to work and back. so this week and all the way into next week theyre gonna be chip sealing this 30mile stretch of highway. wonderful!

NOT...

anyways, so on the way back to home from work, my dumbass forgets that theyre chip sealing. so as were doin 30 the whole way through this 'used to be 55' area, the county decides to leave a good 2-3in deep of gravel on the road for the last 10 miles. so me, and everyone in front and in back of me are fishtailing around cuz this shit is so loose. and then theres the spots where the gravel was more built up in the middle, which my crossmembers are just being raped by. pretty much road gratered the rest of the way home.

but thats not the best part. during all that rapage from the gravel on the bottom side of the truck, i just so happen to fill up the spot where the shifter goes in the trans with gravel from it fuckin flyin around underneath. i was stuck in 5th till i could pull over and use a pine tree needle to fish the gravel out. then one little tiny pebble falls all the way in to where i can get it, and it jammed up the shifter pretty good. so i got to drive home without being able to use 2nd and 4th gear... fun fun fun.

man... all this on top of a stressful day at work equals a big sticky bowl of 'cookies' fo me...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idaho chip sealing sux, cause they use so much gravel and never sweep it up, and just let the car traffic throw the rest of it off the road.........I really have not too much problem cause the chip seal rocks in the winter, but we should be given 1 free strangulation card to use on the a-hole that passes people throwning gravel over everyones cars.

They are doing it up north here too, they have to to cover up the shitty pavement overlaying they do.

Bill

:lol:

Idaho chip sealing sux, cause they use so much gravel and never sweep it up, and just let the car traffic throw the rest of it off the road.........I really have not too much problem cause the chip seal rocks in the winter, but we should be given 1 free strangulation card to use on the a-hole that passes people throwning gravel over everyones cars.

They are doing it up north here too, they have to to cover up the shitty pavement overlaying they do.

Bill

Would you be able to buy other people's "strangualation cards" and would this be considered a murder spree thereafter ? :lol: ,,, " ahhhhhhh fawk ,,,this strangualation card is expired ? "

:lol:

Would you be able to buy other people's "strangualation cards" and would this be considered a murder spree thereafter ? :lol: ,,, " ahhhhhhh fawk ,,,this strangualation card is expired ? "

THere would be some sort of progressive strangulation card system, of my own devising, that would allow not only the strangulation of the a hole driver but possibly road crew people too.............

maybe strangulation is harsh, but the last 2 cars I painted got chipped up on the 2nd day out by some jerkoff in too big of a hurry than NEEDED to pass me and then turn off at the next road..............juerks.

i know the feeling. they ahve been doing that around here too. hit a curve in the Passat and almost slid into the other lane. and that was at 25mph. i hate the gravel sh*t. who thought that putting gravel down to repair a road was a GOOD idea??? he needs to be shot.