No power to the Black and Yellow Starter Switch wire? HELP!!!

Mini-L320

I have no power going to the Black and Yellow wire that sends the signal from the switch (turn key) to the Starter solenoid. And yes I did turn the key to the start position and the wire reads nothing.

i saw that the Black n yellow wire goes to a box with a couple of other wires. Voltage Regulator? and can that go bad causing the black/yellow wire not to get any power?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you see the color codes of the wire at the switch??????

If you know which wire feeds the switch then you know where the blk yellow wire contack is then romove the plug and ohm ck it and put the key to START and see if you get a short. Thats if back of the swithc has a plastic plug. maybe the older cars the wire is soldered on the back I dont know. If its a solder type I guess you could just wire a bypass wire along the harness and out to the selinoid as You stated.

Can you throw in some photos

Which Fuse is that one for?

I've checked all my fuses in the box and they are all good.

Fuses that have a crack in the ribbon to metal cap can touch just enough to show continuity but will not pass any current larger than that equivalent to a mouse fart.

can you see the color codes of the wire at the switch??????

If you know which wire feeds the switch then you know where the blk yellow wire contack is then romove the plug and ohm ck it and put the key to START and see if you get a short. Thats if back of the swithc has a plastic plug. maybe the older cars the wire is soldered on the back I dont know. If its a solder type I guess you could just wire a bypass wire along the harness and out to the selinoid as You stated.

Can you throw in some photos

I have a plug behind my Key Switch. seeing that everything else works fine on the car im just gonna run a wire straight from the switch to the solenoid. But thanks alot you guys, really appreciate it.

not to threadjack, but where does the yellow/black wire go to? i just got my 510 today and this wire is just hanging out of the harness near the starter. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

EDIT i found out where that wire goes, sorry, im still new!!!!