Qwest Internet Rant

So a month ago I ditched cable internet and signed up with qwest for a dsl line. I talk to the guy who seemed cool (aren't all salesmen cool?) who says we'll waive the sign up fee and the modem fee since you're switching from cable, etc. etc.

I get the bill today. Guess what's on it? Sign up fee, and a modem fee! :mad: In all, my first month bill totals $170.05. It was supposed to be 19.99/month for the first six months, then go to 29.99.

Motherfucking BULL SHIT! Tried calling just now when I got home from work, and of course there's no one there now. Probably going to have to wait until Monday. I just want to get ahold of the fuckstick who set me up with all the "waived fees." He's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Going to have to raise some hell; I'm not paying this amount, just have to escalate it to someone who cares at the call center.

I swear, I'm about this close to going to Netzero or something. The Internet costs too freaking much, and when it doesn't you still get fucked.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would effin KILL to have just paid that much to setup DSL.........I am on wildblue satellite internet........300 bux startup, 80 bux a month 2 year contract and I max out at 1.5mbps download speeds, and I have a bandwidth limit of 12,000 mb a month, if i exceed that they drop me down to like 256kbps and they do this on a 30 day rolling structure......

stfu about your internet...........Kidding matt, but seriously Wild blue sux, but other than dial up it is my only choice out here in the woods.......

snooguns

Haha, that's funny! :D I'm still cranky about my Internet costs. Sucks being in Bonners though. You can't get cable in Bonners Bill? I was bitching about paying $60/month with them, maybe I spoke too soon. Still, for what I was supposed to be getting, half that makes a big difference in monthly bills.

Haha, that's funny! :D I'm still cranky about my Internet costs. Sucks being in Bonners though. You can't get cable in Bonners Bill? I was bitching about paying $60/month with them, maybe I spoke too soon. Still, for what I was supposed to be getting, half that makes a big difference in monthly bills.

there is verizon dsl in bonners, I actually moved out to Moyie springs a few years ago its like 9 miles east of bonners towards montana. There is a huge canyon gorge that seperates us from town basically, and they only run basic utilities across it, just basic phone lines that wont handle dsl, and power. We have no cell service and have to use northern light for our electric power........so i am stuck with WB until Obama fixes everything

*Always* buy your own modem when you get internet service, they bone you on the cost of one...

Also FCC is changing the limits on broadband speeds, to be considered broadband now they have to have 4mbit down and 1.5 upload, but hell 4 out of 5 people don't know their own speeds they are paying for.

America NEEDS major changes in our basic infrastructure, from communications to public transport.

You must have a close hub. The nearest cable hub for Spokane is in Libery Lake, so it's actually faster using the DSL at the same connection rate. Either way I was still having to pay 60/month, and that was too much. Qwest was going to be a lot cheaper, but I'll figure all that crap out Monday.