FutoFab has the New VTO “Libres”

Dime Dave

FutoFab is now an official dealer for VTO Wheels, selling their Classic 8 and Retro 4 rims.

VTO Wheels specializes in rims styled after the popular racing wheels of the ‘60’s & ‘70’s.

Their Retro 4 (a Libre look-a-like) is currently available in 13"x5.5" and 14"x5.5" sizes with the first shipment due to the VTO’s warehouse at any time.

Their Classic 8 (Panasport look-a-like) is available now in a 15" x 6" size. These come in +3 (3.58” BS) and +24 (4.45” BS) offsets.

Both styles of wheels have a polished aluminum outer lip and a painted center available in either silver or black.

VTO's focus on smaller details puts their product a step ahead of others. Their wheels use conical lug nuts not the shank type and they install steel inserts into the stud holes of the wheel so the lug nut tightens with a steel on steel contact, no more galled aluminum or distorted lug holes. VTO also goes the extra step to protect the lug and hub mounting surfaces during the clearcoating process. This eliminates the danger of a loose wheel from the clearcoat squeezing out during initial use.

We are working out details and an availability schedule for additional sizes including 13x7, 15x7 and 16’s. We hope to announce that schedule shortly.

The following Classic 8 or Retro 4 wheels (silver or black centers) are available thru FutoFab at the following prices plus S&H. Prices include lug nuts, center caps and valve stems.

13 x 5.5 (Retro 4) -- $145/ea (immediately anticipated)

14 x 5.5 (Retro 4) -- $165/ea (immediately anticipated)

15 x 6.0 (Classic 8 )- $180/ea (ready for shipment in +3 & +24 offsets)

If you are interested in purchasing from FutoFab please contact me at Dave@FutoFab.com

Dave Patten

Dunbarton, NH

www.FutoFab.com

FutoFab’s Website will be updated shortly with VTO wheels and availability. In the mean time here are some pictures of the VTO Retro 4 for you to drool over.

retro4silver13x5_5.jpg

retro4black13x5ssss.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently these are the only colors I've been given.

The 15 x 6 Classic 8 is their first wheel offered. I am sure as time moves forward and more sizes are released more options will become available.

Long answer short, not at this time, but I will let them know there is an interest.

^^^X2^^^...Rota RBs 15X7 are like $550-$575 a set with a wider range of offset available...now the Libre look a like are cool looking if they were to make them in a 15" even better :cool:

Guys,

VTO Wheels is a new firm, just starting out. The Owner of VTO Wheels was the importer for Superlite Wheels to the US from Australia. Over time the exchange rate and other issues made them look elsewhere, eventually coming up with their Classic 8 and Retro 4 designs and having them manufactured to their specifications.

And yes these wheels are made in China, as are most every other wheel made today. Looking back I find the general viewpoint of Chinese products today kind of ironic. It's the same thing I heard about Japanese products from my parents when I was a kid. Now here we are lusting over 35+ year old Japanese cars. I guess what I am saying is let the product stand on its own and it shouldn't be judged by where it was manufactured. You couldn't guess how many times I heard my Dad say "That GD piece of Japanese junk".

As I said VTO Wheels is a new company and they could use our help in determining what products are needed to fit the Datsun market needs. I will tabulate the information and send it to VTO.

If you could e-mail me information on what is working for you on your current wheel installations it would be greatly appreciated.

Address: Dave@FutoFab.com

Please tell me what model and body style car you have (2 door, 4 door or Wagon)

and include the following information for both front & rear wheels:

Front or Rear (info on each):

Wheel size: diameter x width

Tire size

Wheel Offset or measured backspacing*

Spacer thickness (if used)

Strut being used (hub if different from strut)

Brakes used (if modified or aftermarket, include rotor size & caliper)

Fender (stock, rolled, pulled, flared or other) if pulled or flared, include the increased distance gained

Anything else you feel may be pertinent.

*If you are unsure of the wheel offset, back spacing can be easily measured with the wheel off the car. Take a straight edge and lay it across the inner face of the wheel on the outermost part of the rim edge and then measure from the straight edge to the hub mounting surface, this is the back spacing. If your straight edge is too long to rest on the actual rim, you can rest it on the tire, take that measurement to the hub mounting surface and then measure from the straight edge to the most outer rim edge and subtract it from the first dimension, this will give you the back spacing measurement as well.

This diagram should help you understand offset & backspacing.

backspacing.jpg

Dave, this is great news that you will be carrying the new VTO wheels.

I purchased a set of Superlite wheels (previous generation) imported by VTO and they were good quality. The big difference buying from Futofab is that Dave understands the Datsuns and can really help ensure that you are getting the right wheels for your application.

roadster-1-1.jpg