got a new exhaust system

djaztek12

i don't know what else todo. i went to racing beat. i got tired of having my exhaust loud. on my 69 wagon,they recommended there universal muffler :nod:.but they were not sure if it will quiet it down new bp motor done by mazda rob.RB gave me a real good deal on them, i got 2.:lol:went to my friends muffler shop. they did it how i wanted it,they did a real nice jobs.:nod: i was real happy until they were done, i went to start the wagon:scratch:. and what was my suprisse it was louder then before.:egrin:.wtf .i dont what else todo.

2010-06-22174334.jpg

out with the old.

2010-06-22174341.jpg

2010-06-22174412.jpg

2010-06-22174348.jpg

in with new.racing beat universal mufflers.:nod:

2010-06-22173355.jpg

2010-06-22172854.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys think. i like:lol: but i do have to say this. it dose sound bad ass. she's a best.watch out . lol

2010-06-22183243.jpg

2010-06-22183256.jpg

and the finish product. thanks to my friends from j&j muffler for great work and also for the great prices.lol:nod:

2010-06-22183656.jpg

Looks great. I'll bet those exhaust guys were ready to get you outta there, "Grab a welder or GTFO" :lol:

How do you plan to get your driveline out if need be? Looks like it's trapped now. :unsure: Perhaps it's just the angle I'm seeing it at.

nice pipes, lol

video with some sound would be cool. :D

no problem its to late now. dnt wanna wake up the neirberhood. :lol: oh well f..k them. jst kidding ill post it 2morrow.

Look like a nice system you have and soem money into it.

My buddy had a 510 with a Rotary and he had his Y pipe dumped into a rosonator and then in to the 3 chamber turbo muffler(like a Thrush Turbo).

a 2.25in I guess what you would need. But even then it might be loud but not as loud as your set up.

You set up is more or less just straight pipe type mufflers. Thats why its still loud, But I bet its sounds like a 2 stroke sceaming!!!! I bet Crows fly off when they hear you going down the road. Think what the fuck!

Look like a nice system you have and soem money into it.

yep so far 310 not bad on my 70's camaro i paid 560 and it sounds like shit

My buddy had a 510 with a Rotary and he had his Y pipe dumped into a rosonator and then in to the 3 chamber turbo muffler(like a Thrush Turbo).

a 2.25in I guess what you would need. But even then it might be loud but not as loud as your set up.

You set up is more or less just straight pipe type mufflers. Thats why its still loud, But I bet its sounds like a 2 stroke sceaming!!!! I bet Crows fly off when they hear you going down the road. Think what the fuck!

yep it sounds crazy.

Looks greaT! what did you pay for it?

i got a deal on the mufflers there normaly 120 a piece but since this had a little dent i got them for 75 bucks cheaper then that magnaflow and for the install j&j muffler hook it up 150 bucks. :P

Maybe should have installed the diffusers when you did this. yeah i know no more money next week.lol :lol:

I would also try running an X pipe in between the two pipes it may help I know it does on V8 cars

i though about it but my mechanic said it would of been a waste money,rotary's are not like piston motor's.lol :P

Im not a exhaust expert

But Im thinking somesort of resonator in the middle and a 3 chamber Turbo muffler. As this would help break up the frequencies that these cars make. GET 3 chamber like the Thrush(ck the Dynomax website as they own Thrush)

Not Flow master or clones of those as they are loud already with just L motors.

2.25/2.5/ 3in inlet/outlet?????????

Even this might still be on the loud side compared to other cars but quieter than what you have.

Only other option is to maybe scam a muffler of another later model RX7 or something.

last option Buy noise cancelling headphones/earplugs.

Just for infor I think or seen a guy that used 2 turbo mufflers. One was unside the car and the other in the stock spot.(was fucking still loud)

Ok I just heard you car on your vid. Sound like the Badass RX2/RX3 I used to see in Australia.

I dont want to encourage you anymore but that MOFO sounds like my Yamaha RZ 350 2 stoke at idle.

I sounds cool. way cool TOO COOL but that at idle I dont know what is sound like in a car. If one has to yell whan talking it will get old.

try a 3 chamber Turbo or what does Racing Beat suggest??

Im not a exhaust expert

But Im thinking somesort of resonator in the middle and a 3 chamber Turbo muffler. As this would help break up the frequencies that these cars make. GET 3 chamber like the Thrush(ck the Dynomax website as they own Thrush)

Not Flow master or clones of those as they are loud already with just L motors.

2.25/2.5/ 3in inlet/outlet?????????

Even this might still be on the loud side compared to other cars but quieter than what you have.

Only other option is to maybe scam a muffler of another later model RX7 or something.

last option Buy noise cancelling headphones/earplugs.

Just for infor I think or seen a guy that used 2 turbo mufflers. One was unside the car and the other in the stock spot.(was fucking still loud)

been talking to some friends and mechanic they said to put some silencer on it. but it will not help much,it will tone it down, but it will still be loud cause the bp motor needs to breath, they all said to leave it like that that it sounds crazy, or on the other switch motor to a street port.lol :P

On a stock system, splitting the exhaust into two stock mufflers will make it louder. Well, louder than a stock muffler alone. It looks great though. I would have run regular quiets at the back. Splitting into two would have reduced back pressure by at least half anyway not to mention the larger pipe too. I know you don't have room but tail pipes also reduce the noise.

The cure is sell those through mufflers and slap on 'El Cheapos'.

Did I mention it looks great!?

Silencer/Resonator/small cherrybomb and 3 inch Thrush 3 Chamber small Turbo or equivlant.

Might even loose a little power but be quieter

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/pdf/thrush.pdf

looking at there sizes thay might not make a 2.5 in in a small enough pakage.Maybe a wagon has more room than a sedan

I know the Cherrybomb Turbo 2s are small enough but are 2 chamber

PS I really like your wagoon