got a new exhaust system

djaztek12

I didn't realize you could fit a whole Harley in the back of a goon. Good to know!

that's so funny, but my 883 is a lot quieter :lol:

It sounds great, when can I expect to see it at Famoso?

whats famoso if you don't mind me asking.lol :P

LOVE IT!!! :thumbup:

thanks

Sounds good. I love the sound of the rotary. Your wagon was pretty loud last time I saw you. But it's even better now. :D

yeah it got louder. if i have time ill stop by your shop so you could check it out. :lol:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Resonators will quite it down! The longer the resonator is the quieter it will be. You can even add multiple resonators on the same pipe. The mufflers you have on there are going to be louder since they are straight through design. Get a muffler with a bend in the middle (cheapos like Mike suggested they sometimes call these super turbos).

whats famoso if you don't mind me asking.lol

http://www.famosoraceway.com/

oh ok thanks

Resonators will quite it down! The longer the resonator is the quieter it will be. You can even add multiple resonators on the same pipe. The mufflers you have on there are going to be louder since they are straight through design. Get a muffler with a bend in the middle (cheapos like Mike suggested they sometimes call these super turbos).

i called the store i both the muffler and the guy told me to bring the goon to the store that they would like to see it and hear it again that they will give me a very good deal on there silencer. :D

I thought of another one.

Just drive this on days you want loud and screaming.

and find a beater 510 to save as a daily driver and put the wagon in the garage

sorry no garage. after all this time i want to drive this thing. i just hope i don't get harrase by the popo,but what can they said its a 69 goon on steroids.lol :lol:

sorry no garage. after all this time i want to drive this thing. i just hope i don't get harrase by the popo,but what can they said its a 69 goon on steroids.lol :lol:

I hear you, nothing worse than trying to let off the throttle for the 5oh. I used to get harassed all the time with my 502 powered dual 3" exhaust 71 Chevelle SS.

WHAAAAT????????

djaztek just stoped by. Damn that thing is "LOUD". Freaked us all out when he pulled in. I thought we were being invaded by some sort of giant two stroke bikes. My freakin ears still hurt. :lol:

WHAAAAT????????

djaztek just stoped by. Damn that thing is "LOUD". Freaked us all out when he pulled in. I thought we were being invaded by some sort of giant two stroke bikes. My freakin ears still hurt. :lol:

that's funny :D , here i come watch out for the stroke king. it is loud :P , that's why i both some ear plugs.lol :lol:

It sounds to me like you just have plain way too much pipe. I don't know what setup you have under the hood other than it's a rotary, but you have more pipe than you need on a v8 from the looks of it. Seeing as how you already have the pipe work done, I would say add some resonators upstream, then replace those mufflers with the biggest ones you can find to fit. Maybe even downsize the inlet/outlet of the muffler. Too bad the tank is in the way, you could have run a nice long muffler sideways behind the axle.

It sounds to me like you just have plain way too much pipe. I don't know what setup you have under the hood other than it's a rotary, but you have more pipe than you need on a v8 from the looks of it. Seeing as how you already have the pipe work done, I would say add some resonators upstream, then replace those mufflers with the biggest ones you can find to fit. Maybe even downsize the inlet/outlet of the muffler. Too bad the tank is in the way, you could have run a nice long muffler sideways behind the axle.

the motor is pretty ported is a bridge port. and those muffler are pretty big.The size of this muffler is: 8.5" Wide x 6" High x 18.5" Long. :lol:but tanks for the info. :D

shweet...another wagon with full dual exhaust :cool:

p.s. yeah, the pipe is too large, and most polished mufflers like you have are just a shiny glasspack. It will be loud, unless you use a traditional muffler to help quiet it. Most resonators won't provide the volume or tone control you want. Most RX-7's with exhaust I have heard have a very high pitched tone, as most small displacement motors do when you run straight pipe and a sub 20" long glasspack. If you want a deeper tone and less volume, the only options are to add a chambered style muffler or some long glasspacks. The only type of resonator thats small that will do any good would be a louvered one. The louvers will destroy horsepower and flow, but with that big of pipe, the volumetric efficiency will still be overkill unless your motor is over the 300hp mark.

do not put a cherry bomb on that motor rotaries run way hotter then piston motors and WILL melt the glass pack inside. you can put resonators in the middle. not silencers but resonators. there is a difference. and if those are racing beat mufflers then your good. the only difference between the universal muffler and the rx7 one is the tip and mounting brackets are gone.they are not straight through mufflers iirc. plus they are designed for that motor.

k guys got the wagon exhaust fix went back to racing beat and they hook up a mexican big time they gave me there road race silencer for 50% off i paid 150. is quiet know when its iddling i'm so happy know. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

cant believe i missed this thread. we gotta meet up and do a rotary dime cruise!

glad you found some resonators- i saw a glasspack that had been burnt-out at my rotary mechanics place. looked like a total fire hazard. rotaries run about 4-500 degrees hotter at the exhaust than piston engines. some people have no idea, just want the braps....

Lets hear it!rolleyes.gif

yes lets :frantics:

cant believe i missed this thread. we gotta meet up and do a rotary dime cruise!

glad you found some resonators- i saw a glasspack that had been burnt-out at my rotary mechanics place. looked like a total fire hazard. rotaries run about 4-500 degrees hotter at the exhaust than piston engines. some people have no idea, just want the braps....

k guys been busy but videos coming jst got her tune on last thursday. so tomorrow tuesday evening we got a 5 hour dyno session to tune it better with the dyno system for max power. got any pictures of your rotary dime. :P