Audi stereo instal pics

This is an install I did about 10yrs ago. I think I charged the kid about a grand....which is about what he got quoted to just have a premade box put in the trunk. He had all the equipment. I paid for all the wood and fiberglass. It was my first fiberglass job. Man, what a learning curve!! I think if you look at the sub pics closely, you'll see 3 different boxes! :( I'm just sharing these pics. I'm not going to do any write up or how to with them. I just came across them today and figured why not put them up. They're not even in any particular order....however they uploaded is how they got posted. :)

Audi003.jpg

Audi3a001.jpg

Audi3a002.jpg

Audi3a003.jpg

Audi3a005.jpg

Audi3a006.jpg

Audi3a009.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. :)

That plate was a scrap piece from a lid to a large piece of postal equipment I had scrapped out. I was too cheap to buy the real thing. Most of that money went for tools. I got that Fasco stapler and PorterCable router out of that deal. Both are awesome tools!!! I'll be doing some more fiberglass work for Mend's stereo...and Betsy's :)

You earned every penny.

thanks...I even took vacation time to finish it up! My hair was about a 1/4" long when I finished....the subs would make my hair vibrate! :)

ok now lets build me a center consul for my double din kenwood for my 510

..hhmmm...we can talk. :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks Charlie :) .....but sometimes it's more about the tools than the talent and I gots me some tools :) I'd have to go back and re-read the start of the thread to see if I already mentioned that this was my first attempt at fiberglass. It was pretty nice getting paid to learn :) That would be my favorite job!! Getting paid to learn!!