race cams for an L20b

like the post reads is anyone interested in some race cams for an L20b? I have two 580 lift with 320 duration (cam 1) and 511Lift with 300 duration (cam 2)

I'm looking to get $100 for each. Paid more than that. No trades please.

the brand is colt cams in canada. (coltcams.com) They are a custom grind.

newguy

I don't have pics yet as my PC crashed. Reload OS is nessisary. (can't spell)

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy moly these are too much cam for any kind of daily driver, hell you would have to push your vehicle to get it going!! not really but no shit these are for highly modified big bore racing engines, its extreme top end only.

if you like RPM's then you'll love these cams.

its more for those guys who race the 510 with a L20b. Or any L20b powered vehical.

It comes on strong about 3700rpm to 8000rpm. Sounds AWSOME at an idel. More like a V8.

ok not that crazy but it thumbs.

Yes they will work in the L16 or 18. Maybe this would be something to put in my LZ22 with a 219 head :cool:

thats a nice topend you got there. say do you want to trade for both those cams?

let me know if you want to buy one.

would my truck suck for a daily with one of these? Im going to build a L16.... first build but its going to be in my daily driver

It might suck for a daily driver with this cam but once you reved it up that cam will make the motor come alive.

maybe even jump out the car and never come back.lol

Yes they will work in the L16 or 18. Maybe this would be something to put in my LZ22 with a 219 head :cool:

any 4cyl L series head for that matter.

i have a .510 in a stock U67 that was on the LZ24 :w00t:

have .480 in the LZ22 and with the head work, it 'feels' about the same

LASH CAPS (for the cheap asses :unsure: )

pop a cover off a JY L24/L28 motor, pocket the rockers and lash caps ;)

should end up with a good set of 8!

• 2 months later...

like the post reads is anyone interested in some race cams for an L20b? I have two 580 lift with 320 duration (cam 1) and 511Lift with 300 duration (cam 2)

newguy

still got those cams? cause if so, you should save one, cause i'm building my L20b up and a new cam would be a very nice addition to it, i juts need the money first... i spent it all on a new carb to get it to run, ha.

still got those cams? cause if so, you should save one, cause i'm building my L20b up and a new cam would be a very nice addition to it, i juts need the money first... i spent it all on a new carb to get it to run, ha.

I still have the real big one. PM sent

I still have the real big one. PM sent

alright, well i have to fix a few things before i run a cam like that, is there anything you think i should double check to make sure my motor can handle it? or does it not really stress the engine too much?

alright, well i have to fix a few things before i run a cam like that, is there anything you think i should double check to make sure my motor can handle it? or does it not really stress the engine too much?

Try to find some U20 springs. there a heavier lbs double spring then the OEM L20b springs. Also you're going to need a good fuel supply like a good carb. Weber, mukuini, solex, etc... the factory carb I don't think will cut it.

A good MSD would surely help. (Multi Spark Distrubition) OR Electronic Distrubutor

Try to find some U20 springs. there a heavier lbs double spring then the OEM L20b springs. Also you're going to need a good fuel supply like a good carb. Weber, mukuini, solex, etc... the factory carb I don't think will cut it.

A good MSD would surely help. (Multi Spark Distrubition) OR Electronic Distrubutor

i just got a new weber on it yestarday : D and i'll have to find the springs, the distributor will have to wait, how long would you be able to hold the cam for?

i just got a new weber on it yestarday : D and i'll have to find the springs, the distributor will have to wait, how long would you be able to hold the cam for?

untill it sales. if ya look at the top of the add and notice the date you'll see i've had them on here for a bit. you have a good chance it'll still be here for ya.

camonics4.jpg

camonics2.jpg

untill it sales. if ya look at the top of the add and notice the date you'll see i've had them on here for a bit. you have a good chance it'll still be here for ya.

camonics4.jpg

camonics2.jpg

alright, gotta get a few things ironed out first, but if they're still available when i can afford them you just sold yourself a cam : ) ha

You are going to need different valve springs, the stock ones will bind at lifts above .450? Someone help me out here?

Generally as a rule of thumb an increase of 10 degrees of duration moves the peak hp and torque up the range by 500 RPMs. Since your stock cam has a duration of 248, going to 320 is an increase of 72 degrees. What this means is is your L16 makes it's peak hp at say 4500 RPMs it will now make power at 3,600 RPMs higher. That's 8,100 RPMs. No one runs this much cam on the street, no one.

Rule # 1 Never over cam your engine

Rule # 2 Never over carb your engine

newguy

If the 580 lift with 320 duration cam is a camonics cam per the picture then the cam is sold. E-mail me payment instructions. PM sent.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.