Newb ... Kevin's VQ35 Project Thread.

Is your mom single??? $$$$$$$$

maybe I should sell my beater 4 dr to you!!!!!!!!!!

if you got that kind of money just wait to buy one done with all the mods already.

They come up for sale time to time.

I seen a SR20 DET with super nice forged wheels/new paint and no rust sell for 7K$ Guy was just done with it and wanted a fast sell. Car would go for alot more in other areas

YOUR RIGHT

The 4 doors look better. I think they are classier and also stronger

No haha.

and to the second one no cause I want to do the mods myself and make it to fit my taste.

Also no and yes, I like to have a sr20 but not the turbo version, it be nice to have a N/A motor once in a while.

Yup 4drs are good looking cars, I like them cause they kinda have that similar resemblence to the c10 Skyline 4dr and that's the car I like to have.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Your 4-door looks a lot better than mine. I hear a 240SX makes a good engine/trans donor for a 510. Joking (sort of). Once you get into 510s, gutting a much newer running car to get a drivetrain for the 510 actually seems like a sensible thing to do. Stick around here and you'll be walking or riding the bus while working on your car. It's a great life.

Len

you shouldnt have much frustration if you have $$ to throw around.

nice starting point.

after many-many wagons & 4drs, i recently got my first 2dr :w00t:

Is your mom single??? $$$$$$$$

No haha.

good thing!

you dont want hainz as your stepdad! :ph34r:

I deffinetly want a Nardi classic wood steering wheel.

I would think that 2dr are more rigid than 4dr since it doesn't have the rear doors but then again banzai510(hainz) says that 4dr are stronger ... I'm gonna do some research either way the car is not going to my track car.

Well you see hang_510. My parents have the money not me and so it's very difficult to get the money from them unless I have a good resonable explaination for them or they have to be drunk or buzz ... lol

YAY U GOT A DIME!!!! if u need a good reason for money just tell ur dad that the stock motor doesnt have enough power to merge onto the freeway at a safe speed... and with a turbo sr or ka you will have sufficient power to drive with the flow of traffic :)............. and then give me ur l20 so i can put it in my goon hehe

Damn I always wanted a older woman!!!!!!!Never thought of it as being a step dad. I was thinking more Back Door man.

Looks like a nice car you saved. Body looks fairly good.

4drs are stronger. More Ralley car guys wanted them.

In Austraila they only made and sold 4dr there and 2drs are rare and usually inported from America.

Not trying to argue with you Hainz, but I'll take Baz's claim from an actual test over hear-say:

All 510 sedan shells start life as 4 doors as stated previously.

All SR conversions in South Australia require torsional rigidity tests for road approval.

A non rusted 4 door will record on average a 600HP rating.

The 2 doors have recorded up to a 700HP rating.

Note that these are fitted with our kits which braces the front rails.

The addition of 2 pak foam in the sills & pillars plus a few light braces has recorded 950HP.

No roll cage on a 4 door.

The use of 4 doors for rally is a definite for access to spare tyre & battery etc.

Batteries & tyres in the boot (trunk) is a no no for rally use.

• 2 months later...

Your 4-door looks a lot better than mine. I hear a 240SX makes a good engine/trans donor for a 510. Joking (sort of). Once you get into 510s, gutting a much newer running car to get a drivetrain for the 510 actually seems like a sensible thing to do. Stick around here and you'll be walking or riding the bus while working on your car. It's a great life.

Len

Yeah Things change since I posted pics of my Datsun. My mom and I went to trade in our cars for a 07 Murano which we did and then she left the country to do some business for a year or more so that leaves me with the car to drive daily and the 240sx I gave it to my friend who works at Subaru as a tech. I finally bought a motor (no trans, ecu etc.) and it's not a SR or KA, it took me a while to save up the money from work and my parents but It's a start.

P1010559.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010563.jpg

P1010562.jpg

Some of you might disagree with the idea and some may not but I think it's the perfect motor for 510 if you want to keep a decent balance and still beable to make 250+ N/A not that I need all of it on the streets. Personally I think that if you're going VG30 N/A especially you're better off saving your money to get a VQ35 non-RevUp, RevUp, HR or the newest addition VQ37XXXX (No offence those who did the swap) just a imo.

Isn't there a lot of modding to get the shifter in the right spot with a VQ? Unless you have the rear passengers shift for you.

No one does a VQ as their first swap. Quit before you get in over your head and wreck that car! If you got $10,000 for it, have someone do it for you.

Yes, there is a shifter reloaction kit.

To answer datzenmike, now you know there's one. I'm a bit smarter then you think lol. I'm not going to abuse it in any way .... that's a lie actually I'll probably bring it to auto-x and dial in the car after it's fully restored. If I do wreck the car then It'll probably get another one :) I know for sure the swap won't cost me 10g for the body yes but it'll be one of the best money I will ever spend except going to skip barber school (expensive but well worth it).

• Like 1

Dude just buy this car:

http://community.rat...atsun-510-vq35/

It runs and drives....... and it has a VQ35 engine already intalled...

Yes, I've been folowing him for a while on cardomain when I first got into Datsun, you could say I was stalking him lol. I would buy it but it's a 2 door (nothing wrong w/2dr just personal taste), many of my friends told me to buy the car and swap the parts but If I do I would have another Datsun which I'll end up selling which means I will loose money. Also the parts he has for it beside the motor swap ... not what I had in mind and again I end up selling those parts which again I loose money. Last but not least I just bought a VQ.