• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are right, this guy starts threads in the lamest way possable! :lol:

Inline4=1question.

And No,

You gotta put a switch in to turn on the acc and the on circuts for power to the ign, coil, and accessories, then you can put in a button to 3 and 5!

You guys are right, this guy starts threads in the lamest way possable!

Inline4=1question

how many questions am I supposed to ask in a thread?

one of my friends wants to rig up a push button for the starter.

I used to have one in my first 510, which was just a small push button t-tapped into the wiring right before the switch(the actual switch had problems) and I just can't remember which wires they were.

all I'm asking for is clarification.

jesus christ.

if you take a look at the top right of the diagram, 1 3 and 5 are lit up during start. in on, only 1 2 and 4 which means some lose power. I'm assuming 5, which is the wire to the coil for ignition getting 12v during crank should be fine. otherwise the coil is not getting power, if I assume correctly.

just what to do about 4 though.

Was there any difference after you swapped to a Auto ECU? .... was it a Cali ECU?

What color wires go to the S13 KA24DE oxygen sensor?

I havent put the auto ecu back in yet. laziness and I need to drain my tranny. I have some gl-5 mixed in there because thats all they had at the kragen.

the o2 sensor wire is brown isnt it?

I don't think so. There is power to the ballast in the on and start positions. Start position jumpers 12 volts around the ballast for full high voltage coil spark.

BTW leave the key start functional. If you lend to your g/f (whoever) who is unfamiliar with the push button she may resort to turning the key in a panic situation like a stall at an intersection... not good.

to clarify, the mechanical switch is still fully functional. he just wants to have the option of starting with the key, or turning the key and pressing a button to start the car. a little bit of personal bling I guess

so should it be #1 and #3 together or something else? I only had 2 wires hooked up to the button last time.

I'm sure this isn't as important as getting the starter to work but, where do you think the best place is to put the button? Dash? I have the evo center console and thought about putting it where the cig lighter was down infront of the shifter.

whats an easy way to design it to shut off too? I know the lexus ones are based on length of time the pulse is active.

Why would he want a push button start? Aside from it looking "race" on a street car, there's no use for it. Unless your ignition switch is broken. I had one for a while because it was "cool", but ended up going back to the stock switch.

Why would he want a push button start? Aside from it looking "race" on a street car, there's no use for it. Unless your ignition switch is broken. I had one for a while because it was "cool", but ended up going back to the stock switch.

different strokes for different folks I guess. Its his car and to each their own. :)

I was just sayin, for me it got old after a while. Partially because the rubber on the switch I used kept getting old and cracking. So unless things are broken, he may want to rethink.

he's not going to use it all the time, he just wants to use it sometimes.

the wiring to the switch was tapped so many times for a hackjob alarm install. I cut some 6 pin connectors from a Z to use as a sub harness since I need to extend some of the wires, its the subharness that I'm gonna hook up to the start switch, I think its just gonna be a heavy duty metal push button, not one of those stater ones

I put in a push button switch because it's going to be a race car, but also because I don't like steering wheel locks and the old ignition was shitty. Makes it harder to turn the vehicle while pushing without a key. Jegs had a red rocker switch/push button plate for like 30 bucks. Then again, I also don't have an ACC spot now. It's just RUN/START. Works great. Stereo is wired to constant 12, just remember to turn the dial to the off position. Really, is there any need for an ACC position? I can only think of the stereo.

Probably not a good idea for dingleberries though, the starter can be engaged whenever you hit the button, regardless of if the car is running. But I don't let dingleberries ride in my 510.

Joe, my wagon is started with a "hidden switch" & for me it's an obstacle to anybody wanting to steal the car. PM me & ill tell you how i did it, but not where the switch is ;)

I think you told me about it on thursday. would you like to paint a roadster for me? :)