I'm "sponsored"!!! UPDATED!!!

I received this message via Facebook this morning after posting on Duplicolors wall asking about clear coats. They promptly responded with this:

Hey Matt,

My name is Steve. I work with Dupli-Color. I responded to your message that you posted on our Facebook page. I wanted to send you a private message regarding your plan to use RustOleum on your car. This is something we wouldn't recommend, especially the roll-on application they promote. If you're using a HVLP spray gun we would recommend the Dupli-Color Paint Shop line. It is specifically formulated for automotive applications, and on top of that it is easy to use.

As a thank you for being our fan on Facebook, I'd like to offer you some Paint Shop product. Attached is a link to our color offering. Let me know what color you want, where to ship it, and the type of vehicle (so I know how much paint to send) and I'll send you the product for free. All we would ask is that you post some pics on Facebook when you're done.

Paint Shop requires the use of a HVLP spray gun as well.

http://www.facebook....id=132460550435

FREE PAINT!!! Someone help me pick out a color!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote for "Deep Blue" ---> :D ( Blue is my favorite so I might be a bit biased :mellow: )

Congrats Man ! That is pretty cool to have the "Free Paint"

Tell them you need " 2 gallons " and send me 1 :lol:

lol Maybe I'll have a little extra :P

lol Maybe I'll have a little extra :P

:hyper: Better than none :hug: - :rofl:

Maybe , just maybe if everyone did the same --- a little at a time I could paint me car :P

Maybe you should have told them you have a "fleet" of vehicles you wish to display and see what they say :lol: ;)

Maybe you should have told them you have a "fleet" of vehicles you wish to display and see what they say :lol: ;)

UI don't wanna scare them away :(

I have to send em pics of the car, so Idk if I could fool them

UI don't wanna scare them away :(

I have to send em pics of the car, so Idk if I could fool them

Tag a car dealership in the middle of the night :lol: ( used cars so they will get excited , think they can sell for more monies ) geeeesssseee amateurs :lol: :P ;)

So as it turns out, the paint I chose (Candy Apple Red) is a 4 part paint process. I get: Primer, Candy Metallic Silver Base Coat, Candy Apple Red, and Clear Coat. I'm also getting a quart of flat black to do some BRE stripes and the raised cowl of the hood. I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also linked me to this video, that explains the paint process and shows what the pint will look like finished.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by metalmonkey47

I was rooting for sublime green.

That's what I was looking at, but it wouldn't have matched all the other underhood painting =/

Why is the car not painted yet.

Still waiting for the paint :(

And next week I'm working at a kids camp teaching gun safety so I won't be able to then.

I also have to throw together a paint booth of some kind before I do ANY painting. May be a few weeks. sad.gif

Dolphin grey metallic (an audi color)

its is the color i will most likely be painting my 620 once i decide if im gonna go all out on it, i have afterall spent about 40k on my jetta so the 620 is supposed to be my daily driver so i can get rid of my 2010 frontier.

the jetta (aka Dolphin Grey Metallic)

336cc095.jpg

Thats a cool color!!

I wanted to do Graphite Grey, just because I saw it on a Camaro, and it looked sexy. Just don't have the money to actually spend on paint. lol

Speaking of paint... I GOT THE PAINT AN HOUR AGO! It's like Christmas morning here. I've been going through it and heres what I have so far;

PICT0124.jpg

8 quarts Primer

8 quarts Candy Base

8 quarts Candy Apple Red

14 quarts Clear Coat

1 quart Jet Black (as requested)

I've been playing with the boxes all morning building forts and shit.

PICT0125.jpg

The total cost that I've added up is beyond $1000. ( Considering each quart costs between 20-30 a piece depending on the color)

Edited by metalmonkey47

I want to get sponsored by Greedy,,,,,,, , , or ebay

Do you think you have enough clear coat? ........... is this paint availible in Cali? ......... is it waterbourne? .... or the good stuff?

I'll take an Ebay sponsor :P

No, I need 80 more quarts to clear it :( jk lol

The paint is available anywhere really. You can buy it at most autoparts stores by the quart for between 20-$30 depending on what you're buying. If you look in the original post, theres a link to a page with all their colors availible in their PaintShop line of products. All are designed to be painted by guys like us, in a garage or paintbooth for a good price. They make AMAZING paint. I think its oilbased? I'm not too sure. It is really good paint though. DupliColor makes great products for everything. They're a division of Sherwin Williams paint. They make paint for just about anything.

Here's an example of what it looks like being painted;

/

So my brother spoke to me this afternoon about a guy that want's to paint my car. He's fresh out of Cali and from my understanding, was on the crew that built the cars for the original F&F movie. I'm gonna talk to him and maybe see about having the paintwork done professionally. cool.gif