DSCF3508.jpg

DSCF3509.jpg

what do you guys think dose it sound beefy rebuild bp motor:lol:

th_DSCF3510.jpg

the 1st test drive

th_DSCF3511.jpg

got her on the trailer could't find a ride to drive her back home.:scratch:

DSCF3512.jpg

went out to pump gas and something went wrong what the fuck. idle jet got clog up. oh well it still needs some nicks here and there. check out the flames, it was back firing like crazy.:lol:

th_DSCF3513.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you have a break in period on a new rotory motor too? or is it only with regular motors? I ask that cause it looked like you was getting on it a bit in the vid. My motor has only lil over 700 miles on it and I am still going easy on it. Had the first oil change after 500 miles but I havent took it to 4000 rpms yet. sweet looking ride tho!

Dont you have a break in period on a new rotory motor too? or is it only with regular motors? I ask that cause it looked like you was getting on it a bit in the vid. My motor has only lil over 700 miles on it and I am still going easy on it. Had the first oil change after 500 miles but I havent took it to 4000 rpms yet. sweet looking ride tho!

Do not baby a new motor this will only prolong the break in. Drive it like you stole it. The first few hrs are critical for good ring cylinder seating. I would avoid high RPMs and low speed lugging, but in between it should get lots of heavy throttle and slow down revving. Avoid steady RPMs like driving on a highway but instead vary the speed and gears. Around town is good with lots of quick accelerations and long slow downs and gear changes.

All this will force the rings in contact with the cylinders and seat them before combustion gasses find a path out past them. Good seating will provide superior compression and good performance. By all means keep an eye out for strange noises that might indicate something wrong,broken or loose on a strange new motor and watch and check the oil and water levels.

We've come a long way from the 40s and 50s motors out fathers and grandfathers drove when new. Rings, blocks and oils are much different. So drive it and make it work.

Damn man, so got it rebuilt and having problems yet again. I know its just the shit clogged but christ man. Get an L series back in there LOL

just clean the the jets and she's running like a true champ. is hard not to step on it with all that power but i'm giving it time. :lol:

Do not baby a new motor this will only prolong the break in. Drive it like you stole it. The first few hrs are critical for good ring cylinder seating. I would avoid high RPMs and low speed lugging, but in between it should get lots of heavy throttle and slow down revving. Avoid steady RPMs like driving on a highway but instead vary the speed and gears. Around town is good with lots of quick accelerations and long slow downs and gear changes.

All this will force the rings in contact with the cylinders and seat them before combustion gasses find a path out past them. Good seating will provide superior compression and good performance. By all means keep an eye out for strange noises that might indicate something wrong,broken or loose on a strange new motor and watch and check the oil and water levels.

We've come a long way from the 40s and 50s motors out fathers and grandfathers drove when new. Rings, blocks and oils are much different. So drive it and make it work.

ok thanks for the info but this motor dose not have cylinders or pistons.lol :lol: its a rotary. :cool: