I think a rat is eating my fan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when rats and squirrels get under your hood in your car and start eating shit. Had them do that to a dodge ram i used to own. They kept chewing the same fucking wire over and over again. I would replace it and 2 days later it would be chewed off again. They are probally using it for nesting material. My suggestion spray it with something, usually a strong citrus scent keeps them away. Or poison :)

Haha, thanks guys! My car had mice up in the headliner and cowl, etc when I bought it, so in a way I don't care... I'm used to it. But my fan? Come on, please don't eat my fan. I don't know, I thought it was funny.

Dan, I bought some "Sunny Citrus" little trees yesterday. Bonus because they say sunny.

AMWAY used to offer a "Moth Proofing" spray that was basically a heavily Cedar scented spray. I don't know about squirrels but I do know that my cat absolutely hated the smell of it, and stopped scratching his claws on my 1970 Buick Electra's tires after I sprayed the wheel well area liberally with it. If you are willing to put up with the local AMWAY sales "person" practically living in your driveway for the next twenty years, call their local number and ask about this product. A few good sprays on the fan itself and under the front end iron should do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cat eventually dragged a rattus norvegicus to my door ; (never again on her part/very bad decision)... :wacko:).... :D ,

which has a small pet door mounted in it. She couldn't pull it through to show the master.....left it there. She was in pretty bad shape.....the rat was rather large.

Gratch spent the next 2 days on the couch.....beat to shit :console:

One very proud cat followed' the recovery.... :thumbup:

After that incident...I started using the peanut butter (surprise!) laced rat trap....give her a break.. :cool: