Bleeding hydraulic clutch.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawl under the car......... and see if you can reach the clutch slave cylinder without jacking up the car (safer that way)

Usually there is a 10mm bleeder nipple on the slave clyinder.......... you need two people

Have a friend pump the clutch pedal a few times and then hold it to the ground,,,,, , , then loosen the bleeder nipple

Don't let your friend release the clutch pedal until AFTER you tighten the bleeder nipple.....

Repeat this process 5-8 times,,,,,, and check the fluid in the clucth master cylinder every two times,,,,, don't let it run dry...

After you are done:check for leaks...... while your friend pumps the clutch pedal

I moved this to General Technical. How To is for wright ups on how to do something.

Loosen the bleed screw on the slave and pump clutch until the reservoir is empty. This empties it of any old 'juice'. Fill with new from the bottle brake fluid.

Depress clutch and hold while someone closes the bleeder screw.

Let up the clutch pedal.

Open bleeder, depress clutch pedal.

DO NOT LET THE RESERVOIR RUN DRY!

Repeat until only new clean fluid comes out free of any air bubbles. Tighten bleeder screw.

Top off the master cylinder reservoir. Put a piece of hose over the bleeder and put the other end of the hose in a container with a couple inches of brake fluid (about 3-4") crack the bleeder open and pump the pedal VERY SLOWLY. Make sure that the reservoir doesnt go dry and that the hose doesnt pop off the bleeder. It should come up to pressure quick. Close the bleeder valve being careful not to knock the hose loose.

If you pump too fast the hose will come off, youll have fluid everywhere and youll have to start over.

Theres probably better ways but this works in a pinch. I did this on my goon when I first got it and its still doing fine.

If youve got a buddy around use him/her, it goes a bit quicker and its easier to keep an eye on things.

I do it Mikes ways Bymyself. I use a clear hose into a bottole when I see no airbubbles then close valve DONE

Just put a new slave on this weekend. had a slow leak and was sucking in air. work soemtimes and othertimes I could barely get it in gear. Said Fuck it .I cahnged it out

Lucky I have a spare otherwise most parts stores dont have them in stock so order a spare. Master Cylinders also.

• 1 month later...