'78 Cedric 330

Hey y'all,

Ive had a good look around here and like what I see. The Datsun 'scene' over here in England is pretty small - maybe because the weathers so shit they all disappeared a long time ago. Most models we had are down to less than 20 left, and a fair lot are into single figures!

Ive had a few over the last few years... an F10, an N10, an 810 Station wagon etc.

But my current project - and my 100% 'keeper for life' is my Cedric. There's only about 9 left in this country so I had to save it! Thought I'd share it with you. Its a bit ratty, and far from finished but here's a little rundown of it all so far:

1978 Datsun 330 (280C)

Work so far:

Welding all done (new sills, door bottoms, nosed & decked)

L28E Transplant (from a 280ZX)

Temporary paint in purple (going black sometime soon)

'Interesting' shifter

Grille 'reworked'

Lowered 5" up front, 3" at the rear

How it arrived:

a5b8aa06.jpg

af4681d3.jpg

64fb3627.jpg

2033cb19.jpg

0bfff07a.jpg

9b4b750a.jpg

6b97affe.jpg

67c49961.jpg

ef4bfdd0.jpg

e49583dc.jpg

8f2cc97d.jpg

ec3d2ac9.jpg

How it is now:

DSC_2407b.jpg

DSC_2408b.jpg

DSC_2410b.jpg

DSC_2411b.jpg

DSC_2412b.jpg

DSC_2413b.jpg

DSC_2415b.jpg

DSC_2416b.jpg

DSC_2417b.jpg

DSC_2419b.jpg

DSC_2360b.jpg

DSC_2361b.jpg

DSC_2362b.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_2365b.jpg

DSC_2431.jpg

DSC_2434.jpg

DSC_2441.jpg

DSC_2444.jpg

DSC_2448.jpg

Like I said, eventually it'll be black, and also - when money allows - it's gonna get airbags and a new interior. Also the 'VIP' badge I tried to use to hide a paint blemish has got to go as soon as I remember to pull it off. Also, gonna powdercoat the steels black and run spidercaps & trim rings.

For now though Im just rolling like this.

Hope you like

JS

Looks cool, I'd leave it purple or some other color and get some good rims myself.

Nahhh, the purple only got threw on as i had it prepped for paint for about 3 months out in the elements and needed something to protect it... purple we had kicking about!

The overall look im going for is a 'knarly' look so steels are the order of the day. Ive just picked up some AMC Javelin steels which are a touch wider and better offset so Im gonna use them.

OMG dude, I've totally been planning to do a katana sword shifter and you beat me to it!!!

But I totally dig what you have going on. WELCOME!!!

(And when you see me eventually do a similar shifter, I swear I had already been planning it!!)

Like it. Reminds me of a Maxima I had for parts, sort of. Shifter too long and unwieldy but points for it!

How is the rear end, solid axle or IRS like the 280zx?

Where in UK are you?

Its not too unwieldy really... being an auto helps. The rear is a solid axle and the front is double wishbone - so it drives very much like an old American car (bit like a boat around corners tongue.gif). But its more a lazy cruiser really.

Im down just south of London (about 20 Miles) in a town called Aldershot. Its pretty devoid of Datsuns until last week when a '79 Skyline appeared 3 streets down from me!

By the time this thing is finished I'll have blown about £11K ($17K!!) on it blink.gif

But, it's nearly there so Im on the hunt for the next notch in my 'must own and keep forever' list - a 620

Im down just south of London (about 20 Miles) in a town called Aldershot. Its pretty devoid of Datsuns until last week when a '79 Skyline appeared 3 streets down from me!

No kidding! I'm from a small town south east of Winchester about 30 miles away.

[quote Me & the lady are planning to emigrate over to the States sometime in the future - more likely Cali than anywhere.... wonder if they'll let the Cedric in?! LOL

The Cedric is over 25 years old so should qualify for an exemption for import. If not Catalytic converter equipped, you might have to have one installed, but that's probably only required by some states. If you do come to California and all else fails, donate it to the Datsun Museum in Temecula. I'm sure Mr K would love to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cedric is over 25 years old so should qualify for an exemption for import. If not Catalytic converter equipped, you might have to have one installed, but that's probably only required by some states. If you do come to California and all else fails, donate it to the Datsun Museum in Temecula. I'm sure Mr K would love to see it.

Thats good to know. I wouldnt mind a Cat' if it meant I could use it.