after a year later

djaztek12

ok after almost a year this april and several thousand dollars later my zoom zoom goon edition is almost done just install the 48ida and manifold and it sound just mean and vicious all i have to do now is fix the front windshield, hood and exhaust leak. just when out for a test drive and it was bad ass she has so much power is a bit scary :lol: lol. 13b with a big and vicious street ported and polish motor is bad ass. will upload some pictures later. by the way those anybody know were to get a windshield near los angeles or inland empire. :hyper:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pix or it happened like this...

RedneckJetBike.jpg

ok after almost a year this april and several thousand dollars later

by the way those anybody know were to get a windshield near los angeles or inland empire. :hyper:

time = money. you on the right track!

DLsocal (in OC) but will bring one for you to the swapmeet in eagle rock on the 28th (if you ask nice ;) )

looks pretty good... glad it atleast runs.. still looks like a wire fire waiting to happen!!!!

i'm glad i still have work todo i have to rewire the car. after 3 motor the wires got pull around pretty bad

why did you decide to go rotary??? sounds like its going to be a rev monster!!! bet this things pulls like 13k rpms

I kinda doubt that...his shift light came on around 7k rpm's or so...not that rotaries can't spin that high, it just depends on the build...

How much lighter is the 13b swap than a standard L16? most 13b's in stock form are between 100-140hp...which can be made with a standard L series motor...so I am guessing you went with this swap because it was lighter, or you wanted to be unique. Either way, as far is fitment, it looks like it sets in the engine bay a hell of allot better than my NAPS...I am guessing your biggest problem was wiring and getting a wankel to be reliable :)

why did you decide to go rotary??? sounds like its going to be a rev monster!!! bet this things pulls like 13k rpms

it is a rev monster is a 13b with a big street port it actually pulls pretty dam good

I kinda doubt that...his shift light came on around 7k rpm's or so...not that rotaries can't spin that high, it just depends on the build...

How much lighter is the 13b swap than a standard L16? most 13b's in stock form are between 100-140hp...which can be made with a standard L series motor...so I am guessing you went with this swap because it was lighter, or you wanted to be unique. Either way, as far is fitment, it looks like it sets in the engine bay a hell of allot better than my NAPS...I am guessing your biggest problem was wiring and getting a wankel to be reliable :)

my shift light did turn on at 7k rpm and actually rotaries can spin that high. on my fist gen i use to shift at 13k when i use to race on the track the reason i went rotary was when my l18 went out i couldn't find no one to repair it. on the lighter part i think my l18 was actually lighter rotary motor can be really heavy. the wiring wasn't that bad all it was just setting up for dual coils. as for the motor is a fresh rebuild it should be reliable.

sounds good! Just wondering though, why do people always put the tachometer where they can't see it. :(

I would put it smack dab in the middle where your speedo is. But thats just my opinion.

yeah u have good point. i like mines there cause when or if i redline the car that shift light won't get me in the face.

• 1 month later...

piss of shit car. :angry:

i'm starting to really hate my car i'm think of getting rid of my goon. k here we go again i got her going i was able to test drive the car like 3 or 4 times to tune the carb. after rejected carb with.

f11 tubes

42 venturis

210 mains

150 air

70 idle

300 needle witch is the right spec for my motor

now the car wont start it feels like it wants to start, but no luck i already foul out 12 spark plugs. so i found a local shop 52 miles if thats local. lol. they did a couple of thing re check my carb. put the fuel regulator, fix my oil cooler lines and tuff. like that. they check for good spark, electrical, timing and all that good shit. they had no luck. and when it did start the back rotor was not hitting they check the compression front rotor was 90 and back rotor was 60 what the fuck this is a rebuild motor #4 to be exact. the guy said that it might need a rebuild. maybe something when wrong inside the motor .i'm like fuck 4 motors already and i have not even got to drive the car for more then 10 minutes. fuck talking about bad fucking luck with rotary's. fuck fuck fuck. i could both a brand new car. i'm already in with like 11gs with the purchase of the car and all the work i did to it. is like deja vu again when i had my 1st rotary witch was a turbo 2. piss shit never ran.