after a year later

djaztek12

alright guys just came back from the shop. mazda rob from rialto is really a cool guy and has real reasonable rates. he took the motor apart in front of me. so we could both see what when wrong.

heres the motor on the table.

DSCF3407.jpg

DSCF3408.jpg

heres mazda rob taking the motor apart.

DSCF3411.jpg

DSCF3412.jpg

DSCF3413.jpg

DSCF3415.jpg

DSCF3417.jpg

DSCF3418.jpg

DSCF3419.jpg

DSCF3420.jpg

DSCF3421.jpg

DSCF3422.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys more of the tear down.

DSCF3422.jpg

DSCF3423.jpg

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3425.jpg

DSCF3426.jpg

it turns out that the motor has the 2 rotor housing bad . i got them polish when they socal rebuild my motor what a waste of 160 bucks, the rotors did not had no coner seal plugs. and on the rotor 2 bearing were about to spin.:( so pretty much my motor is junk. check the crapy porting job

there it is guy we all saw something new today :lol:. so mazda rob is going to hook me up with a fresh rebuild bridge port motor i told him lets build it right this time lets get the best of the best cause ima put nitrous on that fucker like my wife said either go big or home.this time:P so ima give it 1 last time. will i c what happens he said it will be done in 2 weeks. :lol:

Hey, I'm looking for a rotor and housing to make a wall ornament, wanna sell them to me?

ill ask the guy at the shop if i could have one. i left the motor as core but ill ask there trash anyways. :lol:

Hope you have electronic ignition.

My buddy had a points ingintion in his 510 a 12A rotary.

he was always adjusting them.!!!!!!!

hope it works out.they sound so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet points can be a head ac, but i do have electronic ignition. :cool:

i have a 13b at my shop right now almost no miles maybe like 2. has turbo 2 side houseing 3rd gen rotor housings 3mm apex seals and a slight port job. it has a bunch of other upgrades aswell. i just cant seem to remember them right now. we did a shit load of work on this guys 2nd gen rx7 suspension motor and a lot more the bill came to 10g's and when it came time to pay he never showed. well now the car is off to the scrap yard and the motor shit on a table. i can see how much my boss would want for it. its a solid motor. oh yeah i work at ricks rotary performance one of the last few rotory shops in the bay area of california.

but then again if you want another motor built get it bridge ported. unless you wanna daily it. theres this guy i got my engine from its pretty reasonable too. his website is rx7world.com

sounds good! Just wondering though, why do people always put the tachometer where they can't see it. :(

I would put it smack dab in the middle where your speedo is. But thats just my opinion.

or on the a pillar

i was considering running my oil pressure temp and voltage there but i decided not to because i would need to take my eyes off the road to see them

thank you for the internal pics of a rotory i knew hoe they worked but never seen one torn down like that before

i have a 13b at my shop right now almost no miles maybe like 2. has turbo 2 side houseing 3rd gen rotor housings 3mm apex seals and a slight port job. it has a bunch of other upgrades aswell. i just cant seem to remember them right now. we did a shit load of work on this guys 2nd gen rx7 suspension motor and a lot more the bill came to 10g's and when it came time to pay he never showed. well now the car is off to the scrap yard and the motor shit on a table. i can see how much my boss would want for it. its a solid motor. oh yeah i work at ricks rotary performance one of the last few rotory shops in the bay area of california.

but then again if you want another motor built get it bridge ported. unless you wanna daily it. theres this guy i got my engine from its pretty reasonable too. his website is rx7world.com

sure this motor can get up there. there not that cheap to build. and i went bridge on the motor i'm only going to drive 1 or 2 days out the week. so go big or go home. :lol:

or on the a pillar

i was considering running my oil pressure temp and voltage there but i decided not to because i would need to take my eyes off the road to see them

thank you for the internal pics of a rotory i knew hoe they worked but never seen one torn down like that before

on the pictures no problem. i'm also going to take more pictures of when they build it. :P

he took the motor apart in front of me. so we could both see what when wrong.

heres the motor on the table.

thats all ive ever done to a rotary.

crazy how small it actually is! :blink:

like yours, wasnt worth rebuilding after 200K.

thats all ive ever done to a rotary.

crazy how small it actually is! :blink:

like yours, wasnt worth rebuilding after 200K.

yep there pretty small but there are real heavy. and about the 200k i only there motor i only drove 30 miles when it when bad.

ok guys and girls update i got some goodies for the goon today. :P

steel braided hose dash 6 for fuel and dash 10 for oil. the blk house are for test fitting

DSCF3451.jpg

can u say fittings theres more just lazy to lay them down.

DSCF3450.jpg

DSCF3448.jpg

new red and blk battery cable

DSCF3449.jpg

sure this motor can get up there. there not that cheap to build. and i went bridge on the motor i'm only going to drive 1 or 2 days out the week. so go big or go home. :lol:

well you can ship it it actaully doesn't cost as much as you think maybe a couple hundred to send a motor. cheaper if you send it business to business.

and the guy over in north Carolina ships his motors. thats what i had done with mine. although i ended up shipping it back to him as a long block since he sends just a short block. i had to send it back for him to get it running right i couldn't figure the damn thing out haha. but that was way before i was were i am now. im can rebuild them pretty well and tweak them even better. i also have tons of parts so let me know if you need anything and i can sell you some stuff.

well you can ship it it actaully doesn't cost as much as you think maybe a couple hundred to send a motor. cheaper if you send it business to business.

and the guy over in north Carolina ships his motors. thats what i had done with mine. although i ended up shipping it back to him as a long block since he sends just a short block. i had to send it back for him to get it running right i couldn't figure the damn thing out haha. but that was way before i was were i am now. im can rebuild them pretty well and tweak them even better. i also have tons of parts so let me know if you need anything and i can sell you some stuff.

ok thanks were are you located. are you in souther cali. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

update :lol:

when over to mazda rob's shop and took some pictures of the steel, :rolleyes: ported already

stock port before the porting

DSCF3460.jpg

after the porting

DSCF3455.jpg

DSCF3456.jpg

DSCF3457.jpg

DSCF3458.jpg

DSCF3459.jpg

can wait till she's done. i think it make a little power. lol