California drivers summed up

People still look at me funny when I say California has the worst drivers I've ever seen. A BMW owner flipped her car in front o my office today. Either that's spectacular skill (she was doing about 15mph) or her driving is spectacularly Californian. ... and by that, I mean bad.

Read more: http://www.drivendaily.org/news/flipped-bmw/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CA summed up? <_<

more like BMW drivers (or 'luxury' sedans in general)

and drivers are worse in SF than LA.

i think its all the 1 way streets.

I can't wait to get out of this state.

"save california! when you leave, take someone with you."

CA summed up? <_<

more like BMW drivers (or 'luxury' sedans in general)

and drivers are worse in SF than LA.

i think its all the 1 way streets.

"save california! when you leave, take someone with you."

Sf drivers are not worse they are just self righteous. LA drivers just don't care. haha. I used to laugh at watching that show CHiPs but now it looks more and more like life imitatiing art. people are just bad drivers to begin with or they are making cars so easy to drive people are careless. I love seeing the lady mashing down the freeway over 80 putting on her makeup and trying to drink coffee.

I can say that if you're not paying attention in Boston, you're going to get killed. Either by getting into a horrific accident or by the cabbie you've been pissing off for the past 6 blocks. I prefer that to people who lazily wander from lane to lane and double-park without using directionals. I definitely prefer aggressive drivers who pay attention and understand how the flow of traffic actually works.

I think i can speak as someone who lives in a different state but has been to many places in Cali. I would say that given the comparison Cali drivers are inconsiderate of those around them and have an unnessecary sense of urgency. Don't get me wrong I'm posative that this isn't true for anyone on this forum becuase they obviously care about their cars, but San Fransisco, L.A., Sacremento, and lots of other places were just scary to drive on the freeway.

Drove my motorhome (Bugly) down 101 all the way past san fran, then back north on I-5 and noticed a slight difference in peoples respect for a Large vehicle. I was given little to no leeway, and people seemed to think I could see them all the time :blink:

People talk about New York cabbies a lot, but they're not scary. They're just angry. Boston cabbies, on the other hand... those guys are rough. They're on the front lines every day.

The only thing that bothers me in Massachusetts is that the breakdown lane is fair game during rush hour. Getting on/off the highway is waaaaay more exciting during those times, especially since only the most aggressive Massholes are willing to brave the breakdown lane. Therefore, they do at least 20mph above the speed limit. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. Gets even more interesting when you're towing a trailer, trying to merge, during rush hour.

Still, California is worse.

I've found drivers in Phoenix, AZ to be the worst(I lived there for 2 years).

Probably about 5% that live in Phoenix are locals, the rest are from everywhere else. It's a big melting pot of different driving styles, and if you're not on your toes, you're gonna get creamed. Even paying attention isn't enough alot of times. Luck is your best weapon.

Anything on 2 wheels = organ donor. I heard from multiple people down there that average life-expectancy for motorcyclists is somewhere around 5 days. :blink:

After driving in most states this side of the Mississippi River, I can say that without a doubt Miami has the WORST drivers, followed in close second by New-England Drivers...

I'm not sure how that would compare to the wild west, but I'm willing to go on a little faith.

I've found drivers in Phoenix, AZ to be the worst(I lived there for 2 years).

Probably about 5% that live in Phoenix are locals, the rest are from everywhere else. It's a big melting pot of different driving styles, and if you're not on your toes, you're gonna get creamed. Even paying attention isn't enough alot of times. Luck is your best weapon.

Anything on 2 wheels = organ donor. I heard from multiple people down there that average life-expectancy for motorcyclists is somewhere around 5 days. :blink:

That sounds pretty bad. I rate areas based on their level of paying attention, so I have to concede the Miami area as well. Florida is pretty bad in general, what with all the ancient people who can't see the other end of the hood any more.

good to know i beat the odds then. :unsure:

traveled between LA and PHX frequently on my bike.

Calif drivers can be careless but some of the best race car driver are from California, Jeff Gordan, Jimmy Johnson, Rick Mears, Ron Hornaday, Mike Skinner, Billy Boat, Dave Hamelton, Billy Lucuvic, Billy Lucuvic Jr, Brent Kading, Ernie Erven, Jimmy Sills, Al Pompo, Marshal Sargent, Jason Myers and the list of champions can go on and on from Nascar to Indy.

• Like 1