Ratsun movie night! - Newberg, Oregon (2013 near the bottom of page 16)

Let's do a Ratsun Drive-In meet!

Newberg, OR has a drive-in theater. It's about 30 mins from Portland.

I'm going to talk to the owner about details for the meet. If anyone has specific days during the summer post it up. I'll find out if I can get an idea of which movies are playing and which week. I might see if I can get it the same day as another car club (the coffin cruisers go every year). Gates open around 5 or 6 (I think) and the first movie starts at dusk.

Prices are $8 per person or $12 for a car with one person. Children are $4 and 5 under are free. Two features and vintage prevues/intermission reels. Let me know who's interested and any specific dates. Let's try to get lots of datsuns.

99W drive in

2011 meet starts on page 7

2012 meet starts on page 13

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Let's do a Ratsun Drive-In meet!

Newberg, OR has a drive-in theater. It's about 30 mins from Portland.

I'm going to talk to the owner about details for the meet. If anyone has specific days during the summer post it up. I'll find out if I can get an idea of which movies are playing and which week. I might see if I can get it the same day as another car club (the coffin cruisers go every year). Gates open around 5 or 6 (I think) and the first movie starts at dusk.

Prices are $8 per person or $12 for a car with one person. Children are $4 and 5 under are free. Two features and vintage prevues/intermission reels. Let me know who's interested and any specific dates. Let's try to get lots of datsuns.

99W drive in

I'm down,Connie and Frank from the Coffin Cruisers are friends of mine!!!

• Like 1

Kazi, if you know what day the cruisers are doing it I can try to get that day.

I got in touch with the drive-in, they will let us in 15 min before everyone else so we can all be in the same row. They'll put a link to ratsun on the theater website under events.

I'll try for the same day as the cruisers unless it falls on the canby weekend. But if anyone has any weekends that don't or do work post it here.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know when other clubs are going. I'm thinking the weekend before or after Canby or July 10th. Unless people have other ideas.

I have no idea what movies will be playing, hopefully nothing lame.

Let's try to get some people that might have fallen out of datsuns to come too. And those not on ratsun.

• 3 weeks later...

The owner of that place is plain awesome to work with from my past experience and loves when car clubs come to the drive-in. My Z won't be mobile by then, but I'm totally down to come out and see the rides and enjoy a night at the movies, as it's just fun to hit the drive in, walk around, and then try to stay awake on the drive back home at 2 am.