First Photo Shoot

This is not the first photo shoot of a car that I have done but it is the first one for my 1200! I can not take credit for the photos they are thanks to my friend Curt who drives a 68 squareback. He is on this forum but does not post often. So here it is just some pics from the other night.

I was going to post in my build thread but got greedy and figured more people would see it here. :P

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...great pictures! I have liked seeing this thing on here...it's got a great "vibe". Super nice car. Is there a reason that you havent taped off your front rims and painted the centers black yet? Or polished up the rears yet? Just time? :unsure:

Good looking pics too. Great job.

Plus...anyone that drives a pre 1970 Type III is freegin awesome anyway. I've only had 12 of those...mostly Squarebacks. Yes...I miss them. ALL. <_<

Not bitter about any of my 38 old VWs though...I drive a Datsun. :rolleyes:

That car screams pure evil!! I love it!

:lol: She's angry looking huh? That's what I'm going for, a sort of rally, from the streets, but fighter sort of car if that makes any sense.

As for the wheels I haven't had time to do the rest polished yet. I will soon enough!

Opel,

Those shots make that car look even more awesome...love it. Is that front grille off an early 720? Been lookin at it and just never clicked til tonite that its not, well um ...factory (at least 1200 fatory).

It's a crappy Italian MKII volkswagen GTI grill. It's a badgeless on my friend sold me for 20 bucks. It had a red pin stripe going around the outside but I re-sprayed it all black. the emblem I got off of a truck at the junkyard and cut/fabbed it to fit. The fog lights came with the car when I got it but I took them apart and sprayed the lenses yellow.

The duck bill is for a MKI rabbit :P

my car is so mismatched, that is why it is special.

ahhhhh gotcha where can i get one?

if your asking about the front spoiler I got mine off of ebay. There are two types a deep and a shallow, I got the shallow one without really knowing it.

this is the one I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Rabbit-Cabriolet-Chin-Spoiler-OEM-NEW-Duckbill_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3353ad3054QQitemZ220447191124QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

ebay10024.jpg

this is the larger one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Rabbit-Cabriolet-Large-2-pc-Duckbill-Chin-Spoiler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dba79862QQitemZ360167479394QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

blacktrim.jpg

this is what the larger of the two should look like on a 1200 I'll probably get one some day

12329_4b072c84c474b.jpg