72 521 project

country

i picked up a 72 521 a couple months ago. when i got it it was just stock with some ugly mis matched wheels now its rollin on some caddy wheels and i re-indexed the tortions and removed the bumpstops so the front is lowered about 4.5 or 5 inches and the back has 3 inch blocks with only 2 leafs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking truck.

I had the same bumper trim in my 521, didn't like it and trew it away.

Also, have that step, don't like it either I'm just to lazy to remove it.

It came with a handle on the body so you could actually step on the step and hold on the to handle and probably bust a ghost ride move or use it for your body guards.

I was wondering if the caddy rims fit w/o any mods.

I trew the handles away. I still have the steps if anyone wants them, just pay for shipping or come and pick them up.

Wouldn't it been safer if you used wheels spacers instead of washers?

Dibs! I would certainly pay for shipping! Do they still have the mounting hardware too?

safer yes, cheap and available now no

That's the ratsun attitude!

Dibs! I would certainly pay for shipping! Do they still have the mounting hardware too?

Well they are still mounted on my truck, I'll try not to snap any bolts, they might need to be re-chromed or probably just polished, or if you just wanna paint then, that might work. I'll removed them tomorrow morning and take pics and see if you still want them.

That's the ratsun attitude!

Well they are still mounted on my truck, I'll try not to snap any bolts, they might need to be re-chromed or probably just polished, or if you just wanna paint then, that might work. I'll removed them tomorrow morning and take pics and see if you still want them.

Sweet! You rock man!

safer yes, cheap and available now no

Seriously though, that's a little dangerous. If you have to run them, but be careful. The back of the wheels needs to be seated to the hub to realieve pressure on the studs. So just be careful.

Looks nice!! I thought I was the only door decal guy!! I'm going to be prolly running 4" blocks and 1 leaf, lol. My ride is going to suck bawls.

Sweet looking rig!

If you put washers on, most likely, only about a 1/4" worth. Baxter has 1/4" cast aluminum spacers hanging in the store usually. If you have some leftover/old brake drums...you can cut them up to use as spacers. The mounting area is about 1/4" thick, steel, and indexes well on the studs.

I really like your truck, and I really want a set of those decals, I can't find them anywhere. Anybody have any ideas? If not could somebody give me some dimensions so I can get a set made. I would measure mine, but I am currently in NY and my truck is in Texas. My mother-in-law does vinyl work for a living so I can get them for free if I could get all the measurements