Hillsboro B110 Coupe - Gray two-tone?

808DA6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple as of today. It hadn't been washed in about 6 months. Still even wearing the winter skates. I'm in the prep stages on a few pieces that I need my brother to paint for me. I've been looking for center caps for my wheels for 3 1/2 years with no success so i decided to make some. once they're shot I'll get the other wheels back on. Picked up some materials to spruce up the interior too. Thinking riveted aluminum sheet to give it a race car flavor. When you're only rockin' about 70 hp you do what you can to fool yourself (cuz no one else is buyin' it:lol::lol:).

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

That is the stock radio. I think 'zilla was referring to the CD deck under the glovebox. You can kinda see the corner. I will definitely be at Canby but only on Saturday. My wife gets her masters on Sunday so I have to split for eastern WA. Stupid education always interfering with my car habit.(That was a joke - sarcasm is hard to type --don't tell her I said that -- PLEASE!) I really wanted to get fully involved this year but I guess it's another year in the "cheap-skate lot":D I've been telling everyone that will listen about the show. So far just my brother (BACKWOODS DAVE) with our 520 project and a couple of guys from work with their Z's. I've found that shame is an excellent motivator so start bullying your buddies today!:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

thats one good lookin 1200, i just hope mine will look even close to yours one of these days. i like the carb setup, it kinda reminds me of what my brother did to an old accord by stickin dual blueprinted 44mm mikunis off of a shifter kart on a fabbed manifold.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Random update so no one thinks I've been slacking...

Blew the A15 and reinstalled the A12 (burnt valve + burning LOTS of oil). Now it's slow and cheap again. I miss the Mikunis. Added relays to the headlight low and high circuits. Soooo much brighter. Highly recommended! Also replaced the broken speedo. Replacement is a little newer and has a different face. While I was at it I replaced all of the dash lights. Much better.

It's amazing the difference it makes to fix all the little things, changes the whole feel of the car. We all go so long with so much broken stuff it really feels different when its all working.

So are you going to build another A15?

True dat!

I've got the A15 on the stand in the corner. It's rebuildable but I've too many other projects going on right now. Working on the '35 sedan mostly. If I get to the A15 it'll probably just get a stock rebuild...maybe a cam...and more compression...and some headwork...and... No, really, just a stock rebuild.:cool:

• 2 years later...

WOW! Almost 2 1/2 years since the last update. Did a re-ring and a head rebuild on the A15 about 2 years ago and have been driving it regularly ever since. The 195/45-14 T1Rs that are on the Minilites are wasted. Since I don't have an extra $450 right now I decided to pick up some tires for the wheels that came on the wagon and try them for a while. I've never really been much of a fan of this style wheel but they are growing on me. I had to reduce the moar lower in the rear to avoid rubbing issues.

001-37.jpg

002-29.jpg

I've kinda been debating on whether I want to keep this car. It's been fun but after 6 years I'm getting bored I guess. I'm sure I would regret it but with 7 other cars and a motorcycle I have plenty of distraction. We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...