Hillsboro B110 Coupe - Gray two-tone?

808DA6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I bought a B210 rear end from him like a year or two ago. Nice guy. He lives right at the corner of Baseline and Cornelius Pass. The car looks great, but at that time it was only skin deep. Not sure what he has done with it since.

Probably have his email around somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally on the forum. Just thought I'd say hi. In case anyone's interested, I bought the car from the original owner. It's a driver. That's all it has ever been or will ever be. I flog it like a rented mule and just can't seem to break the damn thing...but I'll keep trying.

Thanks! If you dig the two-tone you should check out the current project my brother and I are trying to get done for the Canby meet. It's the backwoods 520 in the project section. He's the body guy and I'm the wrench. Not a show truck but we think it'll be pretty cool. Let me know what you think.

Sorry, the three pics posted by ggzilla are about as current as I have. The one being used as my avatar is Oct. 2004. I know that someone snapped some after the A15 swap and posted them on 1200.com, but the comments were more about hatin' on the mikunis. I fabbed up an intake so I could use a 4-pack off of a GSXR1100. Mostly cuz I wanted to see if I could. :blink: It's in bad need of a detail so I'm too embarrassed to post current pics. I'll get some up in the next week or two. Oh yeah, no pics of the other 1200. it's basically a shell / parts car.

Here, I'll post this one so you'll feel much better about yours... :D

This is Herman. Every panel on this car is bent, all the glass is busted, the floors are wasted, and everything in the interior is trashed. It only has one thing saving it from the crusher; It has a clean title and VIN. ;)

Picture_0231.jpg

That actually looks very similar to a parts car I picked up a few weeks ago. Just straighter and more complete than mine:) (why are these stupid little cars so hard to find?) I am going to be partially disassembling the silver car this weekend. I have been driving it almost every day for 3 1/2 years and still haven't gotten around to finishing it. I need to replace some pieces and my brother is going to paint some parts for me. I also want to get some of the interior together. My goal ids to have it back together by the end of next weekend at which point I promise to get some pics up. I'm kinda tied up right now with the BACKWOODS 520 project. If you haven't seen it yet check it out in the project area. My brother and I are curious about everyone's input - so bash away. I can take an insult.:glare:

why are these stupid little cars so hard to find?

Seems to be a combination of things, really. Being cheap when new ($1600) they were considered somewhat disposable. Being so cheaply built also added to their disposable nature. With the 510 being so popular, so much better built, and only $400 more, it didn't help sales numbers either.

Strangely enough, comparable 1200cc Toyota Corolla outsold it considerably but is still no easier to find today. :confused:

Both Car & Driver and Road & Track reviewed the car favorably, but both said they felt the car was somewhat "dangerous" on the freeway. With it's monster truck ride height and 1600lb curb weight it was quite sensitive to strong winds. :eek:

We have 7 at the shop, so to us they start to seem quite common, but as we all know they are insanely rare. And that's part of their charm. I kinda like going to Canby and seeing 100+ 510s and just 4 1200s. ;)

Hey I was driving my Datsun 1200 today and got a hawaiian thumbs up from some dudes driving a 240SX (it was pretty cool, too in a Ratsun way, nicely lowered dark green with select black body panels). This was on Hwy 99 in Edmonds/Lynnwood. A customer at the Pick-N-Pull gave me an Thumbs Up as I was leaving. Said something like it drove pretty good "for an import".

It's kind of funny that everywhere we go we get a pretty warm reception. Seems everyone over 45 at one point had one and wants to tell you about it. And no one under 30 has ever seen one before. (Was there a 1200 rapture?) I've never heard anyone say anything bad about 'em. In fact, both my boss and the owner of the company I work for had 1200s as their first new cars. After comparing notes and time-lines my boss and I are fairly certain that his car and mine were on the same dealer lot at the same time when they were new. That was Pendleton, Oregon in the summer 1971. For such a disposable and dangerous vehicle the 1200s sure have spawned a bunch of great memories.

Driven I talked to you last year at Canby before you left, maybe the year before. Anyways I can't believe how nice those carbs run!! amazing. Hope to see it this year :D

I really really want a 1200 ute! O yes it will be mine!

Hey I was driving my Datsun 1200 today and got a hawaiian thumbs up from some dudes driving a 240SX.....

Hahaha! Braddah must have thrown you a "shaka." Hang-ten style, yes? I do that too sometimes w/o thinking about whether or not the recipient knows what it is. :)

-Brian