An "alien" 620 Build

Patch

Oh yea. Pretty bad. I plan on fixing that issue haha. I bought a new grinder today and a new wire wheel so its cutting/polishing time :D

Also got the motor on the stand, was going to tear it down but im so exhausted after lifting that motor onto the stand. Freakin iron motors are so heavy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Begun the motor teardown today. So far so good. Was going to do the full teardown but I work 7-7 every day so I got a little tired and decided to just relax for the rest of the night.

Motor has definitely been apart before, or at least the head has. I have two #52 cam caps, one of which has been stamped with a #4 by a builder. Here's pics of my progress.

100_1250.jpg

100_1254.jpg

100_1256.jpg

100_1257.jpg

100_1253.jpg

100_1261.jpg

100_1262.jpg

Cool! Thats good to hear! I believe my trans is 240 also. Thats why my mounts look like crap, because they welded them forward more so they wouldn't have to cut the driveshaft. If I could figure out the exact driveshaft measurement I need I'll call up DSS and see what they can fab up for me :D

front sump, so you have a 240sx engine, and not a hardbody

The 240sx motor has full floating piston pins as opposed to the Hardbody engine. This is also good for freeing up hp as they reduce friction at RPMs. The 240sx rods have a bronze insert for the pin to 'float' in and will not interchange with the Hardbody ones. The pistons have provision for cir-clips to prevent the pin from 'floating' sideways and hitting the cylinder wall. Hardbody piston/pins/rods are pressed on just like the L and Z series.

Here is how to measure for a drive shaft.

How To Measure For A Drive Shaft

When ordering a driveshaft it is critical that you get correct measurements

from your vehicle to insure you receive the part designed specifically for your car.

See diagrams below on how to measure your car or truck.

figure1.jpg

figure2.jpg

figure3.jpg

figure4.jpg

Hope this helps