My 620 Bagged bodydropped cantilevered

76bullit

IMAG0008.jpg"> Well I got the wheels on my bullit, but I got super busy working on my buddies 1980 720 king cab. We have been bagging the truck on the 18" titan wheels that I just took off my truck. well here are the pics of my new wheels.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG0008.jpg"> Well I got the wheels on my bullit, but I got super busy working on my buddies 1980 720 king cab. We have been bagging the truck on the 18" titan wheels that I just took off my truck. well here are the pics of my new wheels.

hhhhooooollllllyyyyyy crap! and i thought that a 620 couldnt be sexier than a 521.... i think you jus renewed my inspiration to finish my 521. now i just have find that time and money ive been looking for since i started that project.....

Thank you very much 1sad521. I hope to see your truck soon.

yeah man. love the wheels. i would even leave the bumper off- not great for a daily i know but looks great to me for a show truck. you can see my super slowass progress here--- <http://community.ratsun.net/index.phpapp=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=235388>

<http://community.ratsun.net/topic/17308-521-zombie-build-thread/page__p__235388entry235388>

im no good with links sorry if that didnt work...

Before I did the body drop I had to pie cut the mount on the master cylinder booster to move the cylinder closer to the motor so the suspension would clear. And when I did the body drop I had to throw the stock master away completely and put a willwood dual master cylinder with aluminum light weight pedal. It actually fixed the braking problem the truck always had (double pumping). Oh and I had to reverse mount the clutch it now resides under were the dash will be.

Im on 18 inch wheels with a 3 inch traditional and close to 1 inch off the frame(dragging). I had to lower the motor 1 inch to keep it under the hood.

what do you mean by 3" traditional and 1" off the frame?

im guessing you mean your frame is 1" smaller from dragging, that worldn't effect how high the engine sits, so a 3" you need to lower the engine about an inch to clear the hood.

since i dont have a truck (YET) can you get away with removing the rubber pads the cab sits on or is it a necessity to lower the body mounts and retain the rubber pads? (im going by what my toyota had, not even sure the datsun uses the rubber)

There is only about 1/2" of space between the cab and frame so no removing the bushings wont help. A traditional bodydrop means cutting your floor out and raising it until the body is on the gound. Then you add metal to fill in where you cut. That was a really crude explaination. LOL

• 4 weeks later...