My 620 Bagged bodydropped cantilevered

76bullit

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx for the hellos. As for the mono bag, a friend of mine is doing the same thing and I will suggest the same thing to you that I said to him, make a sway bar that can handle the travel. And make sure you have 4 valves for the front bags.

/agree

A nice fat bar like the ones on the back of s10 xtremes with drop rods strong enough and long enough to not pull on the sway bar at lift while also not being so long they hit the ground when you're layed out. Weight transfer is the issue. A rigid front would help keep they back from doing it aswell.

welcome dude! glad to see yuh on here. are you gonna end up radiusing the corners of your cantilever brackets? i think it would help improve the look of an allready awesome looking 620. your truck looks good dude, would be nice to see a true cantilever setup in the rear also eventually. craftsmanship looks good, how hard is it to get in and out of that thing? haha

I read this and was going to mention possibly re-fabbing them to curve and give you even more turning radius, but given that your pivot point is right at the tire anyway thatd have to get moved too. Thats a bit tougher. To get that idea to work youd have to re-engineer the design for it. Possibly bring the pivot closer to the bag and make the arms with compound curves. An arched arm from the bag up to the pivot and back down to the push rod would get you more lift and curving the arm in toward the engine after the pivot and then back out to the push rod would give the wheel more clearance (if needed). This would also give you an opportunity to make the end at the push rod tighter and eliminate the washers. The idea is there and it works, it could benefit from a little fine tuning now that you've got it working. Not hating, just a bit of constructive critisizm.

I installed the notches bent in so if i want to hit sides or going into a driveway my wheels (being so wide wouldnt hit and break. and yes i do plan to radius the front arms for looks. I dont have to redo them to get better turning I get full lock to lock when aired up.

im not trying to talk crap about you truck just cause you talked bad about mine but to me it looks like the front cani needs to be re done completely due to the bag being at such an angle ... mainly because thats how the bag is when your driving it down the street eek!

look seriously dude your truck is really nice. but could you look at this and let me know what you think about it. "as for the mono semi airbag. i did some thought on this and i think i am also gunna do this. i was thinking about finding the largest airbag possible and mounting it in the center of the bed right behind the cab and using a cantilever system to raise and lower the rear by having two pivot points between the bag and axle and then having to rods run down to the axle. i had also thought about the side to side movement but i feel sure that the shocks would control a large part of this. what do you guys think?"

"what if you simply took a straight bar and mounted it between the two cantilever arms then it would make it a solid piece right and then made brakets on the side of the top of the bag and mounted a shock on either side of the bag then the cantilever is solid and the bag is somewhat solid but will still go up and down. or am i looking at this wrong?"

This would work at the rear, but not the front. Your drive shaft is in the way. If you took and did it at the rear and put a bag, say, where the spare tire mounts, all you would have to worry about is your drive shaft angle. It would give some serious lift but no side to side it would be only up or down. Anyone else wanna throw ideas at him? I have a mono leafed set up in rear, so I just am trying to visualize

This would work at the rear, but not the front. Your drive shaft is in the way. If you took and did it at the rear and put a bag, say, where the spare tire mounts, all you would have to worry about is your drive shaft angle. It would give some serious lift but no side to side it would be only up or down. Anyone else wanna throw ideas at him? I have a mono leafed set up in rear, so I just am trying to visualize

any pics of your mono leaf bag suspension setup?

any pics of your mono leaf bag suspension setup?

No, my computer has crashed since the build and I just have never gotten anymore of it. Its nothing spectacular, I like it though. Mine actually still has a bed in it except where I put the notch. Thanks for the friend request. Nice to see more than just a few NC peple on here. How would I add a picture from my computer on here anyway? ANYONE???

I SIT HERE . AND C U GUYZ BASHING ON ONE ANOTHER BOUT WHOS TRUCKS R BETTER . AND ALL I CAN SAY IS @ LEAST PEOPLE R TRYING ! IT MAY NOT LOOK THE GREATEST TO ANY 1 PARTICULAR PERSON , BUT @LEAST WHOEVER IT IS TRYING. @LEAST SOME CREDIT FOR TRYING.

lol your .02 is not needed especialy when its irrelevant to the thread. btw turn your caps off

How would I add a picture from my computer on here anyway? ANYONE???

start a photobucket account, upload your pics there then you can put em here

Damn if I dont act soon my thrread is gonna be hi-jacked!!!!!!!

A couple buddies came by the other night and we assesed the damage I did to it dragging the other night and have come up with a plan to fix the small amout of damage it caused, and then get back on track with the build up.

And here is a link to
, its a few trucks in.

I have my dash in fiber glass right now and we are in the final stages of smoothing it out for paint.IMAG0085.jpg

HELLO yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I love sparkage! I have had to replace my leaf springs on my Mits from grinding it in half. Only way I can go lower is to grind more metal off or do a body drop. Dude, I love the dark sparkage. Keep it up and screw Titanium Blocks, I want to see frame grinding.

dude this truck makes that truck look like complete garbage.. and fuck that caddyhack or whatever his name his.. he's an asshole an has no business here, he was only here to TRY to sell the thing.. funny thing is how many times he dissed ratsun an no one gave a fuck, if i was a mod his ass woulda been gone long ago.. guess thats why im not a mod hahahha

You guys are all goofy. Lets have a good time and talk about the trucks we fabricaIted. We all know there are trucks on here that were bought not built and they have no voice in my mind and I have told those people such. There is no need to compare peoples trucks, we are all here to admire the projects that each of us has built. If you bought your project already built, talk about how you are gonna make it yours. Its obvious people can see fakes from a long way off on this site and the best way to take care of them is to tell them exactly what they are and then ignore them. They will get tired of being ignored and hopefully go away. Remember fakes feed on your hate.