RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Bled it all nice, took my time.

1st Test:

Started up the truck drove around the block, no brakes still. Check the MC, its empty. Pump the brakes theres a leak out of the Right Rear somewhere, all the bleed screws/nipples are tight, re checked. seems to be very SLOWLY seeping out, in fact so slow that it not a drip but a seepage.

2nd Test:

After filling the MC there, I tried truck 2nd time, and the brakes are awesome, very nice, in fact the best brakes of my 3 Datsuns, minimal pedal push and it stops NOW. Drove it back home from Get Garage, and it stopped at all 15-17 times needed, BEAUTIFULLY. But like I said there is a seepage RH Rear corner, and within 5 mins of checking the 521 peed out some brake fluid from that corner.

After watching it drip tonite it appears the leak is directly below the Bleed screw, but not from it? Line in seems a-ok to me.

Radio

bled1.jpg

bled2.jpg

bled3.jpg

bled4.jpg

bled5.jpg

idk if teflon tape will hold up to the brake fluid, but it will be enough to test it to make sure thats where the leak was.but yes teflon tape was the word i was looking for. let us know if that solves the problem, then we can tell you what to do for a perminate fix if you cant figure anything out.

idk if teflon tape will hold up to the brake fluid, but it will be enough to test it to make sure thats where the leak was.but yes teflon tape was the word i was looking for. let us know if that solves the problem, then we can tell you what to do for a perminate fix if you cant figure anything out.

....."then we can tell you what to do for a perminate fix if you cant figure anything out....

I like that quote.......... :lol:

H.A.

HillyBills Anonymous.

"Hi im Jrock"

"Hi Jrock"

"And It has been 14 minutes since my last Billy Ray Cyrus/Chevy Teeruck/Dating my Relations attempt" :lol:

Radio

hmmm moderators couldnt this be deemed as slanderous and not relevent.....seems sensorable...or at least if i said it....ps your humor is like your projects, lack direction and over all vision....and theres no end in sight...

and mucjk dont you slow donw for a car wreck to see what happened....this is just like one of those mythbusters where they use the highspeed camera and slow down the frame rate to almost nothing...but this one is on a loop...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

hmmm moderators couldnt this be deemed as slanderous and not relevent.....seems sensorable...or at least if i said it....ps your humor is like your projects, lack direction and over all vision....and theres no end in sight...

and mucjk dont you slow donw for a car wreck to see what happened....this is just like one of those mythbusters where they use the highspeed camera and slow down the frame rate to almost nothing...but this one is on a loop...

pull_up_your_big_girl_panties_and_get_on_with_it_button-p145606145795192272q37f_400.jpg

H.A.

HillyBills Anonymous.

"Hi im Jrock"

"Hi Jrock"

"And It has been 14 minutes since my last Billy Ray Cyrus/Chevy Teeruck/Dating my Relations attempt" :lol:

Radio

....and this IS relevant???

oh god why is this being egged on...radio your the best keep up the fine work...

You know, you can always choose not to post in Radio's build project/blog/twitter/fb/thread.....

I have never stooped to handing out neg rep.............

....and this IS relevant???

I dont think anything i post is really relevant...I like to say more informative....but thats a matter of opinion...and of course its a biased opinion but what do i know.. i couldnt even diagnose my vacum leak till i leaned on my carb and found it to be not bolted down last time...not to mention my coil wire debacle...its amazing I can even own or operate these flaming balls of shit I create...down in flames...fml

Did an oil Change tonight on the E-Class. MB Sells a Oil Filter wrench designed specifically to get the filter off, in its extremely tight and unable to fit a human hand and spin anything location, which is located at the back of motor between the engine and firewall! (NOT A DATSUN) Tried this last time with a lot of swearing and such etc. and I could Barely get it off without making a big fucking mess with my channel lock oil pliers, and some vice grips...So 70$ later (my Cost thru work :blink: ) I have the Official Oil Filter Wrench for the 3.0L MB I-6. P.s. I checked for the 5$ walmart, partsource, etc, and the plastic ones they sell do not fit the weird little filter my car comes with.

You put the extension on and the ratchet and holy fuck is it slick! Teeth on the wrench "bite" into the filter exactly in the right spots. I'm broker than shit atm but I would dance on the street for toonies until I had another 70$ to buy this specialty tool again!

In the Datsun its not bad, because my channel locks work great (largest size ones) for the Wix filter but in a Datsun you have ROOM to take off the damned thing!

Next is locating Brake Fluid leak on Green and electrical draw on yellow...

Radio

wrench1.jpg

wrench2.jpg

wrench3.jpg

• Like 1