trade 85kc 4x4 for 72 4door dime

izzo

Trade yes or no??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Trade yes or no??

• Yes, get that dime and fix it! Then goto the autocrosses
    • No, have family fun and play in the mud

not sure if i should or not.

got the 4x4 ext cab so i could take the kiddies in the truck out wheeling, i ahve another one but its standard cab.... not to good for family fun like that. really love 4x4ing, but wanting a dime pretty bad

the dime

its a 1972 4door

issue with the brakes, said the wheel cylinder was leaking in the rear, replaced it and had no pedal. bleed it a few times and has pedal but thinks the front ones r toast as it takes a while to stop and not working so well

high beams dont work

low beams quit working, but got it fixed after cleaning fuse box

seals on the doors are gone, floors starting to get surface rust but no cancer

rear springs were cut to much and back sits a few inches lower than the front.

speedo dont work, he replaced it but it broke within 30 miles apparently.

This is his CL ad

runs and drives. L16 with top feed Webber, z car 5 speed, electric door locks on fronts. lowered with Tokico HP Blues, unknown brand seats and wheels. rims are 14in.

This is in the email he wrote,

it runs pretty well. trany shifts ok, but its definatly an older trany. i have been daily driving it since september. has a crack at the bottom of the windshield. most of the weather striping needs to be replased. water leaks in on the driver side. not rust holes due to it, just a bit of surface. speedo didn't work when i got it. changed the cable but it failed after about 30miles. i think it might be a problem at the trany. back seat is in ok shape for being 35 years old. the front seats are an unknown brand reclineable bucket. no radio. fuel gage works. temp works too, but car never gets very hot. clean title and in hand. high beams have not worked since i got it. got the car back in i think febuary for a project. it sat inside till sept when i started driving it after getting rid of my other car. the front springs appear to be Tokico blue like the shocks. the last owner cut all the springs but took too much from the rear. i have been trying to find springs that will lift the back up, but so far have not found any without buying new. i had the running lights fail on me, but i cleaned the fuse box and it fixed it.

Pole ends tomorrow morning at about 9am. heading out after that if the poles good :D

3k23oe3l05Oc5Qc5R09bac331eb3852a81b.jpg

3ka3p93oa5Q85T55Sd9bac5538a20ac4d12.jpg

3kc3p63lc5Qc5P95Sc9ba8d38593795d514.jpg

3nb3m43p25Q45R45S29ba569f6d48c5c515.jpg

Edited by h2theizzo
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everything got all crazy today, another storm hit late last night and knocked out the fiber optics line on the coast, no phone, no internet, even my cell was dead... Kind of a short notice too. nice to have a little time to plan it out. so...... Trade is setup for next saturday. If everything goes alright ill be the proud new owner of it. Said i was the only one who contacted him about the dime and its been up for over a week now. He is driving four hours with it to meet me up, im going to throw him a few bux for driving that far and make sure the truck is full of gas for him. Man, am so excited i should see if he can just do it tomorrow :lol: Its the only day i will have any time till the following weekend.

everything got all crazy today, another storm hit late last night and knocked out the fiber optics line on the coast, no phone, no internet, even my cell was dead... Kind of a short notice too. nice to have a little time to plan it out. so...... Trade is setup for next saturday. If everything goes alright ill be the proud new owner of it. Said i was the only one who contacted him about the dime and its been up for over a week now. He is driving four hours with it to meet me up, im going to throw him a few bux for driving that far and make sure the truck is full of gas for him. Man, am so excited i should see if he can just do it tomorrow :lol: Its the only day i will have any time till the following weekend.

That storm was nuts last night! half the city of newberg was with out power it seems! :(

Quick question

What is your truck worth?..... and what was the dime 'listed' for?

Point is....hopefully.... you are getting the better end of the trade....?

I set the date for next saturday, long as he has the car then it should be mine. Dammit, really wish today was better day and was able to make it happen.

Sealik, as to your question. Dimes sell for more than a 720. However, with the work required to the dime, compared to that of the KC. its really a fair trade straight across.