70's Bubble accessories

I know most of Us are hitting the wrecking yards. What a few of Us are trying to collect are accessories of these types:

VenturiVent1.jpg

VenturiVent2.jpg

The most logical place that these will be found are on old vans. Most custom vans had them as well as a lot of mini trucks. A few of Us have decided that as they are becoming historic pieces, and also might be wanted for period correct custom truck restorations, the ones found in good condition will be purchased. Most of You have seen a van in the yards but gave little thought to buying these type parts. Please add to this thread if You have any or run across them. Thanks!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefe. Those are "Venturi Vents". This photo gives an excellent example of those accessories:

bluedouble.jpg

The vents on the blue truck are longer and were called "Super Scoops".

The Venturi Vents were designed to replace a stock camper shell vent. Like this on the yellow 521:

SlayDatsunSS200.jpg

Notice also on the blue truck the side windows. Those are what is in the lower part of the 1st photos, but are diamond shaped.

• 5 weeks later...

bumping this thread so that mike can check into it, Tim has a van that has those bubble side windows from the 60's or 70's. not sure what tim has stored for the van but hate to see them go to waste. PAC, I noticed that mike hasn't been on here for a few days, you might want to contact him. here's the thread > http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?18218-been-busy gl..

• 3 months later...

They pretty tight. I dont know... Maybe for the steering wheel but I is looking for a replica of yours. If I cant find one we can maybe trade! LOL! HOOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJyjIoXmhQ4

Ill PM you tomorrow..i may be interested in that trade :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.