It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 38s were never used on the L20B so they may be jetted a bit lean when revved out. 46s from a z car are a bit large. I have a pair of 'real' SUs from a 2 liter Volvo, that I haven't used yet, that are 40mm or just about right.

38mm = 1 1/2"

40mm = 1 9/16"

46mm = 1 13/16"

Yea I've heard that allot too. You're lookin at round top 4 bolt ones? You'll need different filters lol

the set im looking at has filters ;) but thanx

I think the 38s were never used on the L20B so they may be jetted a bit lean when revved out. 46s from a z car are a bit large. I have a pair of 'real' SUs from a 2 liter Volvo, that I haven't used yet, that are 40mm or just about right.

38mm = 1 1/2"

40mm = 1 9/16"

46mm = 1 13/16"

i figured i have Z car pistons in the block why not Z car SU's!!! :D 

Called in a slight change to the bracket.  Order is placed and I'm guessing I'll see the parts mid/late next week.  Figured out the hardware needed.  Just committed nearly $400 to laser cutting and hardware.  Adds up quick :(   That's not all 710 stuff. 

I'm doing 15 sets, but I've only ordered enough hardware for 12 or so.  The super fine metric bolts aren't cheap! :(  $112 just for the bolts.  Anyway......it's looking like the kits will end up around $80 shipped.  The biggest draw back is that the hubs need to be turned.......but Morrisun did a set at home with a grinder, so you don't necessarily have to pay a machine shop to do it.  I can do the machine work for about $30/pair, not counting shipping.

I'm certainly not trying to hijack Adam and Jessi's thread.  They said they knew several other 710 owners that would like to upgrade........I figure they're probably following this thread.  Plus....I needed to tell Adam anyway :)

Traded my old KC to GreaseMonkey, part of the trade includes floor repair for the goon!!!

Sometime after canby he's gunna weld in floors and seat rail in the passenger side!

Once that's done we can mount and install the leather Z seats we picked up a while back :D

haha What can i say, once you go su you go crazy haha. I spent awhile down at z therapy talking to the guys who run the shop. I learned allot and love su's even more now haha. Those guys really know their stuff.

I have to see this motor in action! even my closed chamber mostly stock L20b feels like a monster with 38's on it. I have to see what this motor puts down! :thumbup:

Jessi and Leacaon started breaking down the 44's, and got it to the point where they can get cleaned up and ready to put on the motor.

Point if all that without pics is to post this....

3F6938D4-7DC5-411C-B2CA-E7868872F07D-642

Which is what jessi wants as the powder coating for her rims.... :D

To Do Before Canby:

find a Thermostat housing plug for the vaccumm thingy... 
Su's cleaned

install the SU's 
drop off Exhaust mani to get bead blasted and surfaced
Exhaust painted and put on
Stereo install
Trans plate cleaned and painted
new front Brakes
Fuel pump nuts
Alternator upgrade
Hub caps - clean and paint
Clean the fan
adjust the Valves