I miss my yota... what do you miss?

This is my toyota i totalled christmas eve of 2006, I never gave it much thought but for some reason today i miss my old truck. I built in from the frame up with the best of everything including a 22r that could spin those 33 inch tires 75 mph up any hill. On Christmas eve i tagged an oak tree doing 45 mph after loosing control trying to avoid hitting a cat in the road... cat was ok.

So on that note... anyone here ever get emotional about a car or truck that was in their life and had a sad ending? Share your story 7503580003_large.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first Datsun, '78 longbed stock 5spd, even said "5 speed" on the tailgate. Drove that thing EVERYWHERE. $ wheel drive roads 80mph down the fwy. Even found a 7foot camper to put on it and drove it to Salt Lake from Idaho several times. Hit a deer with it too and she kept on goin. I lost her when all the valve seats decided to fall out and screw up the block and head pretty bad. If I woulda known then what I know now I woulda dropped another L20 in it.:( Live and learn

I miss my 83 Volvo Turbo wagon. Bought it in 01. Drooped it, put a later turbo and intercooler on it, All the IPD suspension goodies, and a quaife LSD. Moved to Cali and back in that car. Just about two years ago I was coming home from the Girlfriends house, and some guy in a Honda Crossed the centerline on a blind corner and drove into me. :mad:

I loved that car. But it died to save me. we hit so hard it buckled the cowl and the roof at the B pillar.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs078.snc3/14539_103553589661328_100000200612739_99839_1156189_s.jpg

I miss my 69 Volvo 142. Sold it after my stupid/drunk ex G/F ran it into my 75 CJ5 pulling into the parking space next to it. My aunt bought that car brand new, and at the time I didn't have the funds to fix it so I let it go. Volvo= right side wasted. Jeep= left rear corner diamond plate scratch. Miss that jeep too, freekin money pit but it was FUN. Guy I sold it to put 44" gumbos on it and rolled it on the freeway 1 week later. I told him the 36's was all he would ever need.. Oh, and I DON'T miss the stupid/drunk G/F. :D That B*&%H also totaled 2 (THAT'S TWO) 280 z's. I kinda miss those too.:cursing:

ther eare a few i miss that i wish i could have back. 3 toyotas, a 75 corrola SR5, a 78 corrola wagon, and a 79 34 ton longbed hilux.

my first 85 VW Cabriolet. it was Papyrus Green with Chocolate and Tan interior. oddbal color combo.

my 84 GMC Sierra Classic Suburban. totalled on 405 south. smacked a wall head on doing 60+ and the got T-boned. only broke 2 lights on the hole truck. pissed me off because i had just dropped $100 on a tank of premium, wash, wax and detail, a new mirror and had just finished installing my stereo in it.

80 Buick Regal. it was a POS but it was a good looking POS. and it drove so nice, when it wasn't eating transmissions. 2 trans in 6 months. sold it for the 85 cab seen above.

and last but not least, my 88 Dodge Dakota SE 4x4. that thing was bad ass. when i got it, it had a set of 32x11.50x15 Thornbirds on it with some Ultra alloys that looked like the stock S-10 Blazer wheels. goofy as hell but flowed with the truck. matched canopy, tinted windows and it was set up for a POUNDING system. 3 amps, EQ, Clarion deck, but no subs or amps... sucked but thats life. 275,000 miles on the 3.9L and ran strong. had a kid in a car seat and that doesn't fit to well when you have a standard cab. so i traded it for the suburban seen above and $500. the guy i sold it to ROLLED it 3 or 4 times before it got scrapped. miss that truck bad.

i miss my old pulsar :(

as is, wasnt much to most people. suspension was ridiculously stiff, tyres scrubbed when there was anything more than just me innit, fuel economy was pretty bad (1.8L 4, still bad on fuel heh), its share of paint imperfections, was rattly inside and loud at speed

crashed it, ever since then ive been driving largish luxobarges... i miss having a light chuckable car :( want it back on the road. i do still have it, just gunna take more room than ive got to get it moving legally again

I miss a couple of my old trucks.First, my '86 ranger. It had a 2.3T running 18 psi, 4" bodydrop, and static dropped.

l_47d2b470da464ab2073eced7c8921aee.jpg

I also miss my old mazda. It was bagged and had a 3.5" body drop. I ran a windowless fiberglass shell on it most of the time but can't find a more recent pic.

l_947acb7bf97db4c0d99137e4584c1d08.jpg

I miss my 89 240sx. i had it back in 1999 {high school} before 240s where "cool" it was the very japanese looking two-tone cream/gray{my friends thought the color sucked:lol:} coupe with the digital dash and 5-speed. i blew the sohc ka and we donated it. i didn't know any better back then.