Grrr, I hate my Credit card

I don't use my Credit card for anything I don't already have the cash for..Responsible buying and all that jazz... Well today they just slammed me with 100 dollars in fees (late fee and over the max limit fee, yeah lol they maxed out my card for me!) and refused to remove them due to the fact their system didn't figure out I made a payment on my bills EARLY so I wouldn't have a late fee... Which is total BS.

Kinda pisses me off that this company treated me like that when I've made all my payments in full a week or two early...Then refuse to fix the problem when it happened. I am reminded of why I hate banks now... I guess back to handling most my transactions with good old cash as I will not be doing business with them any longer.. They didn't even bother to fix the problem as I was canceling the account.

Long story short:

Don't do any business with Applied Bank, they will fuck you over eventually regardless of payment history. Yeah, I know they already look crappy but gotta build credit somehow...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy had a similar problem,......the bank changed his due date without telling him, and as a result charged him a late fee, which then sent him over his limit, and he then got an over limit fee. The bank wouldn't correct it either, and he continues to refuse paying for it.

I have one credit card by Bank of America, made every payment on time or early for 7 years, and never gone above 50% of my limit. Yet a few months ago they jacked my rate to twice what it had been previously. Was told by them it was a "company wide" policy. I was f&ckin pissed, and they have since lost me as a customer. My GF has also had problems with BofA, they too are downright crooks.

I don't have one CC to my name. Cash and carry is my motto. I don't have the money.... I just do without. Good for you... don't take any shit from those faceless, soulless bastards.

Yeah, I just didn't like money orders and giving my debt card for my bank account out online.. I like knowing the money is there and not owing it to anyone. Guess time to make a another bank account for online spending.

I would bet dollars to buttons that if your payments were consistantly early and being responjsible, they would wave the fees.

The credit card companies seem to want people to pay late so that they can get the late fees and such just to make more money.

I don't have a credit card, in fact I can't seem to get one, because I don't have any, or much credit history (a couple small loans and that's it), and so I'm not "eligable" for a credit card. :rolleyes:

a few months ago they jacked my rate to twice what it had been previously.

Various cards are doing that to me too. I refuse the increase and keep my normal rate until the card is paid off at which time the account is closed. If they wont' do that I pay the card off and close the account.

They are trying to get you to pay them back for all the other people out there who don't pay their cards and file bankruptcy.

and refused to remove them due to the fact their system didn't figure out I made a payment on my bills EARLY so I wouldn't have a late fee... Which is total BS.

Kinda pisses me off that this company treated me like that when I've made all my payments in full a week or two early...Then refuse to fix the problem when it happened. I am reminded of why I hate banks now... I guess back to handling most my transactions with good old cash as I will not be doing business with them any longer.. They didn't even bother to fix the problem as I was canceling the account.

I did this too once and they couldn't stop calling my home and mobile, just to remember I have a payment to do. I spent $200 on the CC and the next 3 days I payed in USD.....but they just happen to miss my early payment. So now on I dont care about the call because I take my stress out on the guy that calls me and perform my payment the very last day.

fuck banx.

Edited by paradoxx

if you can prove that you made the payment in time then tell them again to fix the problem. If they don't or won't them take them to small claims court because if you can prove what your saying, they will have to pay you back for filing a claim and pay for having the sheiff's dept. for serving the small claims action lawsuit fee papers. it's a win win win situation.

Then cut the credit card right in the court room.

Oh, if nobody shows up in their defence, all you got to do is prove your claim. Don't forget to take ALL bank receipt with you. good luck....

I would bet dollars to buttons that if your payments were consistantly early and being responjsible, they would wave the fees.

The credit card companies seem to want people to pay late so that they can get the late fees and such just to make more money.

I don't have a credit card, in fact I can't seem to get one, because I don't have any, or much credit history (a couple small loans and that's it), and so I'm not "eligable" for a credit card. :rolleyes:

Thats why I told them to go fuck themselves, I paid early every time there was a balance and never went over my max limit...

I'm reading over my terms and debating on taking them to court for violation of their own contract.

Maybe I'll get another datto out of the settlement. :lol:

i used to ball, but work got in the way of team practice and it was expensive shooting 1-2 cases per day >.<. I had an 05 ego and an AKALMP Viking.

On Topic: its not just credit cards, its banks in general. I had a paycheck from work that they put a stop on (someone was writing fake checks from that account, so they put stop payment on the checks that hadnt been cashed yet). I got the check back along with a "fine" of 10$, i went to the bank and asked them why i had gotten fined, they said "when you endorse a check you take responsibility for the funds being there" which seems rediculous to me, how am i supposed to know if someone ELSE has the funds? i asked them why they didnt just charge the place that wrote the check and she says "we do that too, we charge both people" >.< god damn banks get you coming and going.