My turn, I've been hit

izzo

was bound to happen sooner or later. just glad i wasnt in my datto :lol:

Getting gas at the gas station, someone backed up and didnt see us apparently. Kept going and hit us. Before he hit us I laid on the horn and was yelling. Well after he backed into us he took off like nothing happened. My gf jumped out and chased him down on foot.

He tried saying that he didn't feel anything and that he didn't hit us. Called the cops, they came down, witness's saw what happened and their stories matched ours. State farm is going to take care of it. His insurance agent verified with the witnesses, and cops, and checked out both vehicles and said that the guy was at fault for it.

Door doesn't open so well cuz the fender is squished down a bit. First estimate was 1400. But that was at state farms preferred place of business. I am going to take it other places. they said they didn't need to paint the whole vehicle. Does white not discolor after time? Van is a 97

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man! Good thing you didn't take the goon home the other day!:lol:

NO SHIT!!! Poor goon, i would have beat the guy. What pisses me off, is when my gf chased him down and told him he hit our car. he said to her, and i quote "I did not even feel it" She said well you did and there are witnesses, he then said "Shut the fuck up"

Turns out i know the guy, he worked at mc donalds with me years ago. He was fired for multiple sexual harassment claims. Against ladies, and minors working there. Real nice guy :mad:

Damn, when is this madness gonna end with people getting hit this year. I lost count a while back. Luckily it wasn't in the datto.

This morning I almost got hit in my gti by some girl not paying attention. She then proceeded to tailgate me in a school zone. I checked up on the brakes a little and she backed off for a little bit but then went speeding by me into the left hand turn lane. I flipped her off as she was yelling at me and I noticed it was my wife's best friend.

Damn, when is this madness gonna end with people getting hit this year. I lost count a while back. Luckily it wasn't in the datto.

This morning I almost got hit in my gti by some girl not paying attention. She then proceeded to tailgate me in a school zone. I checked up on the brakes a little and she backed off for a little bit but then went speeding by me into the left hand turn lane. I flipped her off as she was yelling at me and I noticed it was my wife's best friend.

:lol::lol::lol:

sorry man, that's just funny. i would love to hear the conversation later between your wife and her

im not glad

its my transportation to get the kids around in.

Guess ill have to buy someones 510 goon... :lol:

Its my gf's car actually. she will get paid. but im going to make sure its not at a shop that state farm wants.

Anyone know if they can get away with just painting a door and fender? i would think even white would discolor after 12 years

damn

was hoping for a new paint job :D Oh well, be happy with it just being fixed. May just fix it myself with a white fender outta the junk yard and keep the rest

Now your talking.:D

There is quite a few newer vans in the tigard/sherwood yard that are there due to the cash for clunkers program. Lots of straight bodied vehicles.