CIMG0650.jpg

CIMG0654.jpg

Edited by NorCalDime
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks legit! Cant wait to c it in person...hit me up, maybe ill stop by tonight when you get off if your not too going to bed after haha :lol:

EDIT : cant you convert the hard top to a button up canvas top (I duno if thats what you call it)? there is a nice one around here at my work that has it, looks DOPE on the cage with the straps going to the back holding it on...

Edited by XeroX
:thumbdown:

well thats not nice!!!

Looks legit! Cant wait to c it in person...hit me up, maybe ill stop by tonight when you get off if your not too going to bed after haha :lol:

EDIT : cant you convert the hard top to a button up canvas top (I duno if thats what you call it)? there is a nice one around here at my work that has it, looks DOPE on the cage with the straps going to the back holding it on...

Yeah they sell the soft tops for these. it would be supa coo. They are like 6 or 7 hundy though i think

if you ever make it up this way in that thing, i know a spot or two. theres a few good spots up in washington (redeye should know them, i lived up there but never went on them) and i know a place here to go also. that was the little mud hole i have pics of, the big one was up not far from that.

Then down some logging roads a ways, there is a 5 trail wide mud pit. Not too deep, but its rough as shit. Lots of water. My buddy went in that blazer, in the mud hole.

He came off the side full throttle with a beer in his hand and no seat belt. Hit a few rough bumps, flew up in the air, and landed in between the front two seats, never let off the gas either :D

Your rig brings back memories! When I was really young my Ant had a bad ass one just like yours but bright orange. I always though it was sweet how the top came off and it was a 4x4. A cool combination.

He He, I think you traded down, heres mine, its a 74 Picture066.jpg

If you start wheeling it keep an eye on the door latch area on the body and the frame around the steering box. ORD sells a triangulated steering box brace that is worth its weight in gold.

If you find a source for weatherstripping that isnt friggin outrageous let me know.

Edited by mike
He He, I think you traded down, heres mine, its a 74 Picture066.jpg

If you start wheeling it keep an eye on the door latch area on the body and the frame around the steering box. ORD sells a triangulated steering box brace that is worth its weight in gold.

If you find a source for weatherstripping that isnt friggin outrageous let me know.

Sweet looking ride. I was looking at those braces and i took a look at my steering box and it already has the weld in brace on there. so that is kinda cool.

bandwith exceeded

Fixed just for you :P

Thanks for the compliment on the rig, that pic does it a lot of justice, the rear quarters proably have a half gallon of bondo per side... If I had the chance to trade it for a decent dime Id do it pretty damn quick:lol:

Check the frame on the backside of the steering box behind the welds, if the frame has been cracked/welded before it will most likely happen again even with the weld in patch. The reason they crack is the side to side movement of the frame when steering. The triangulated brace alleviates a large portion of that movement. It was a night and day difference in driving.

You should have a flat top passenger arm on the front axle also, crossover steering is a friggin sweet upgrade and can be done relatively cheap if you know someone with the taps. Just make sure to get a good arm, ORD is pricier but theyve got good stuff.

Also, jack up (articulate) frontend and see which shock bottoms out first... take that one off and throw it in the trash... then take some 1" square stock and make some spacers for your swaybar mounts on the frame. Youll be way more impressed with the ride.

Ive got a shortbed on one tons thats built to the nuts also and the K5 is roomier, more fun to drive, and goes just about as good unless the mud is REALLY deep. It also gets twice the mileage and the only reason it has ever broken is because I did something stupid...

Have fun with it and dont hack it up too bad, these things are getting hard to find in decent shape...

Thanks for the compliment on the rig, that pic does it a lot of justice, the rear quarters proably have a half gallon of bondo per side... If I had the chance to trade it for a decent dime Id do it pretty damn quick:lol:

Check the frame on the backside of the steering box behind the welds, if the frame has been cracked/welded before it will most likely happen again even with the weld in patch. The reason they crack is the side to side movement of the frame when steering. The triangulated brace alleviates a large portion of that movement. It was a night and day difference in driving.

You should have a flat top passenger arm on the front axle also, crossover steering is a friggin sweet upgrade and can be done relatively cheap if you know someone with the taps. Just make sure to get a good arm, ORD is pricier but theyve got good stuff.

Also, jack up (articulate) frontend and see which shock bottoms out first... take that one off and throw it in the trash... then take some 1" square stock and make some spacers for your swaybar mounts on the frame. Youll be way more impressed with the ride.

Ive got a shortbed on one tons thats built to the nuts also and the K5 is roomier, more fun to drive, and goes just about as good unless the mud is REALLY deep. It also gets twice the mileage and the only reason it has ever broken is because I did something stupid...

Have fun with it and dont hack it up too bad, these things are getting hard to find in decent shape...

i will take a look at the frame tommorow for sure to see about that. My dad is a welder/fabricator by trade so i will have to show him a picture of that frame brace and have him whip me one up.

I saw a 79 blazer at the junkyard that had some work done to it, it had those swaybar spacers and i was wondering about that. One of my swaybar bushings are toast, so i might head out there tommorow and grab the bushings and the spacers.

My jack wont go high enough to max out the suspension, I already tried with the blocks that i had. So i will have to figure that one out. Im not sure if i have lift springs or 52"s so i will check on that, was reading about the 52 inch spring swap earlier.

I dont plan on cutting it at all. Allthough i think im going to go up to 35's when these tires die. 33's look a little small to me. I think with 35's i would need to cut a part off of the bottom of the fenders to prevent rubbing.

I went today on my way to work to a field that is elevated from the road has some nice 15-20 foot slopes that are pretty steep. Baby had no problem scooting up there. just kinda crawled up. I cant wait to go out and really get down

went wheelin today. Went up to Prairie City SVRA and screwed around. Was by myself so didnt go through the mud pit since i didnt want to get stuck... but i did go balls out through the last 1/4 of it for fun. Mud went all over lol.

Came to the conclusion that swaybar will be taken off... i think that is whats holding the front back, got good droop but compression on other side is wack.

CIMG0677.jpg[/img]

CIMG0678.jpg

CIMG0679.jpg

CIMG0680.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

I also grabbed some duplicolor vinyl paint and did up my door panels and dash. They look a whole lot better.

CIMG0682.jpg

CIMG0683.jpg

CIMG0684.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

that thing is no datsun but its a nice start.look at lmc truck they have every thing you can think of for that truck. if you want to wheel that truck with 35's i would go at least with a corp. 14bolt and just swap your hubs and spindles with 8 lug hubs and your truck is a 3/4 its easy you only have to swap the rear axle and buy a rear disc brackets for 4 wheel discs.