how to get rid of the mouse smell

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st 320 had a similar odor. If theres carpet toss it, seat covers, toss em. Remove seats & use warm water & simple green 50-50 mix w/ water & a few stiff bristle scrub brushes..start on the headliner & work your way down. As Nismo said Lyson in a spray can will work too. The key is wet, spray cleaner, scrub then rinse.

I gutted what was left of the interior.I had to take the head liner out and i took the dash apart. luckily all the interior was not in the car when the mice invaded. i already scrubbed the car down with vinegar. water and detergent and i tried 409 disinfectant spray ..

but the smell is still there tomorrow i am going to try what datsunwizzard suggested.

hydrogen peroxide, baking soda sunlight and dish soap.

if this dos-not work i think i am going to go and buy clorox out side bleach that you hook to your garden hose and spry.

get rid of ALL insulation...any trim panels or seats need to be disinfected...i used comet and ajax scouring powder after the car was disassembled, then liquid chlorine bleach on the remaining seats.

you will have to pitch any carpeting and insulation...the smell just wont come out.

the only way to keep a interior that a mouse got into is using tons of lysol or clorox antibacterial spray, then if you have access to a ozone machine (like the ones shown here http://www.odorfreemachines.com )... run a ozone machine in it for 3 days or more.

thats the only way we have removed the smell from newer vehicles that have been in our shop without completely removing and throwing away the interior.

My 1st 320 had a similar odor. If theres carpet toss it, seat covers, toss em. Remove seats & use warm water & simple green 50-50 mix w/ water & a few stiff bristle scrub brushes..start on the headliner & work your way down. As Nismo said Lyson in a spray can will work too. The key is wet, spray cleaner, scrub then rinse.

one of the seats i bought smells like piss. I tried vinegar and water diluted 1:1 but it still hasnt worked.

I dont want to reupholster all of the seats yet =

I have heard this stuff works pretty with cigarette smell in cars. Some people like to run their fan/ac while using it to clear the vents too.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/odor-bomb.html

P.S. I have never tried this stuff and am completely going off of word of mouth but have heard good things.

o there is no where left for a mouse to hide i sprayed clean er and water in every nook and cranny of that car! lol

iI give my thanks to merlin on the 510 realm.

THANK YOU MAN !!!!!

i cannot believe how well it worked . I brought home some citric acid and soap from work and it did not even phase it! So i tried baking soda dawn dish washing soap and hydrogen peroxide ( thanks merlin) ! the smell is close to gone. I am guessing one or two more wash's and it should be gone