spirited driving, sticky tires, and burning clutches

So this last Tuesday we took our meet on a little field trip. We all loaded up in My 510, Josh's Hachi, and Dislexic's dime. We figured the only good thing to do in the nasty rain was some good old fashioned reckless dri*caugh*!

What we learned, My falken rt-615s grip quite well in the rain. There were a couple of corners that should have been a decent drift with PLENTY of angle, but the poor little 510 just wanted to rail through the turns. I was however able to overcome the sticky tire demons a couple of times for some good side stepping. This includes a very Blues Brother like parking job at Carls Jr. Pretty well executed if I say so myself.

Mike's dime wants to slide, but not as much with three people in there...Time for LSD!! but he was able to keep up, sideways or no. except when he did his little 360 :D

And Josh learned that it's no fun to follow TWO smokey dattos :D

After our spirited drive I attempted to do a nice little standing burnout. I think it was a combination of too much brake, and not enough gas. It ended in rolling down the windows to let the clutch stink out :( Fortunately I wasn't the only one to do a powerbrake clutch burnout, but lynch420's didn't produce as much nasty smell. Lesson learned.

We also learned that we don't know how to fully disassemble a nissan 4x4 transmission, let alone properly rebuild it!

now in the next few weeks we'll start our winter project, this year....DATSUN! be afraid, be very afraid!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have looked like that if it weren't for the clutch giving up first :( And I wouldn't roast $200 worth of tires like that. maybe on some shittys

keke neck beard

I think they are shitties, check out the white walls!!!

Those tires were the definition of "Shitties". Troy’s had a stack about as high as a 510 of old stock 13's. And as far as the neck beard goes, there's no describing it I'll just have to get a picture of it. Best way to describe it (if you have a beard) would be everywhere you'd typically shave, he doesn't. And everywhere you'd grow your beard he shaved.

- Clayton

Back in the '70s (fuck here we go again...) a bud used to work in a wrecking yard and always carried spares in his Charger. He was a burn out king, 'course we called it a smoker or smoke show then. One late night he drove the front bumper up to the IGA concrete wall (so he wouldn't have to hold the breaks on) and pulled this monster five minute burn out that filled the lot with smoke and only ended when there was a loud bang from an exploding tire. We all joined in to help change the tire before the hourly cruise through town by the police. The gouge in the parking lot stayed there for years until it was repaved.

The Charger owner had a Charles Bronson mustache , you know, kind of thin we used to tease him about it.

Ah...Yes last Tuesday was a blast!!! I can honestly say Mr. Rolla "Josh" did a hell of a good job as the rest of the group. Guy did a pretty good job for his tires not wanting to let go of the pavement but he still pulled off soem decent drifts/slides :D and Mike did a GREAT job for not having a LSD even with his 360. I give all three of you 2 BIG thumbs up, you all did better then I could have done. Viva Le Datsun's oh and a Rolla :cool: