Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great ... how did you remove the "pipe" from the intake manifold? Do they make replacements?

mani.jpg

It's pressed/glued on. On this intake it was bent so I twisted it off. I'm converting to AN fitting so the bung is getting welded on. Not sure if they make replacements but you can maybe use a thermostat hoising and cut off the end and attach it to the intake.

• Like 2

Yess!! Back at it again, but thought you'd go to a truck ka24de. lol

I was tempted, we just got a KA24DE with only 70k miles that is really clean.

IMG_31701_zps68b6b992.jpg

My friend has an SR that he is willing to let me have (needs rebuild), but I'm sticking with what I have. I already had the header and exhaust made for the single cam, so the cost would be double.... tripple if I make it look shiny.

• Like 2

lol, I didnt see BigT said that.

And I see what your saying. Could always save it for the next build. haha

So what are you gonna do different with this KA?

I'm thinking of getting another car to stuff it into.... or an LSX motor.

This KA is getting pistons, rods, turbo cam and solid lifter conversion for higher RPM. I'm also doing all the things I've been wanting to do like AN lines, relocating the battery and repainting the engine bay.

• Like 2

It's pressed/glued on. On this intake it was bent so I twisted it off. I'm converting to AN fitting so the bung is getting welded on. Not sure if they make replacements but you can maybe use a thermostat hoising and cut off the end and attach it to the intake.

Thanks man, I thought that it was something like that because of the dissimilar metals but I was afraid to start horking on it. 

• Like 1

Thanks man, I thought that it was something like that because of the dissimilar metals but I was afraid to start horking on it. 

I pretty much mangled mine taking it off , but it was already damaged to begin with. I actually found the piece, I'll see about getting pics of it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up the motor parts from the machine shop. Ready to be put back together.

Arias pistons and eagle rods fully balanced.

IMG_62611_zps195b7b67.jpg

Head fully done with O&J stage II cam and solid lifter conversion with upgraded springs for higher RPM.

IMG_79721_zpsd7500cd2.jpg

• Like 8

About the AN conversion, what size did you choose and how flexible is the hose?  That is something I've been dreaming about forever.

On the radiator hoses I went 16AN. The hose is flexible, but not much. I still have to mock up the intake on the truck and see what fitting I need to make it work. On the heater core hoses I'm going with 10AN with bulkhead fittings on the firewall.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...