Disc brakes on a kingpin truck!

Fineline

Ok. At long last my brackets for the Z-32 4 piston 11" passport rotor front and Isuzu rear are available. They are priced as follows,

Front= $125

Rear= $75

You will recieve the brackets in bare metal so you can paint or powder coat them any color you like. The rears will include the necessary spacers. All you will have to do is supply the Parts. I will be doing a write up in the next few days with a detailed parts list and instructions. Anybody who is interested can PM me through this forum and I will pass on paypal info. I feel this is the best option to protect all parties. Of course these are being sold for Non-polution controlled off road vehicles only. Pictures cand be found for the time being at http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2005

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. I replied to you Monday so I guess my computer illiteracy knows no bounds. I re-tried so let me know if they didnt go through. Make sure you give me your shipping address in the comments box.

I am going to do the write up this weekend. I have some spare time finally. As far as the front rotors go I believe the passport and amigo are the same however..........The fronts that I used are specific to the 2002 honda passport, 2001-2004 rodeo, or 2002-2003 rodeo sport. The front rotors you have are like the d-21 and almost every other truck rotor. They bolt to the back of the spindle. The rotor I used slips over the 620 spindle assembly so there are no issues with the bearings. So far I can confirm that they fit the 620. I only have a 620 to play with hence why they will fit them. I have a local guy with a 521 so next week sometime we are going to confirm them for that application. If you read the NWDE post you will find that Mike brought out a spacing and availability with the 521 bearings. I will of course keep you posted. Thanks for all the interest guys.

521 inner bearings are not available...that is why the talk of having a bearing spacer made to fit the 620 inners on the 521 hubs...

I will be replacing my 521 spindles with 620 ones and then doing the small caliper conversion to fit behind stock(looking) 14" rims...

Fineline: do you have plans on making other bracket versions?

521 inner bearings are not available...that is why the talk of having a bearing spacer made to fit the 620 inners on the 521 hubs...

I will be replacing my 521 spindles with 620 ones and then doing the small caliper conversion to fit behind stock(looking) 14" rims...

Fineline: do you have plans on making other bracket versions?

I thought that Beebani was going to make fronts for using pasport rotors and HB calipers?? That's the one I'm after (for a 620 of course). A lot more availibilty and cost less than the 4pistons down here. 2piston is better than 1! But I will agree not as 'cool' as the 4 piston....:D

CAN'T WAIT for the writeup!!! VGJ Fineline!!

Beebani's version is for the 521 spindles not the 620's...there is a small difference and Mklotz and I were talking on this just the other day....

Mike was looking at making (or getting made) a bearing adapter to get away from the NLA 521 bearings and use the 620 ones instead...which are still available thru various sources.

anyways, there is no version as of yet for the 620 with small calipers to keep the stock look...not important to some, but the best way for purists...

I will be documenting the swap of the spindles and then the upgrade to disc brakes even if I have to make my own brackets!

If memory serves the 521 bearings space the rotor assy. outboard by a small amount. If thats the case these brackets allow for the caliper to be spaced out as well. It may be a matter of spacing the caliper with a washer or two and they would work on a 521.

you mean a 620 right? or are your brackets made for the 620 conversion?

a 620 bracket would have greater offset than the 521 version as the 521 would sit just a bit further out than the 620 as it doesn't have the shoulder that the 521 does...

if your bracket was made for the 620 to begin with, then just a spacer or so would allow it to be used on the 521 due to the lessor offset caused by the shoulder on the spindle...

or do I have this totally wrong?

here's a pic of both spindles MKlotz posted with the 620 on top:

620spndl2.jpg

Hey Paul wouldn't those spindles be the same with the spacer removed? I've kinda kept up on the disk conversions. I need to upgrade the master on the 521 we are working on like you guys did.

I think it would be cool to get the z32 caliper brackets but use the subaru calipers off the new WRX. Which are made by the same dudes that make the z32 so they are exactly the same caliper. I just think it would be sick to have a subi logo would be cool.

sure would...but I want to keep my 521 spindles stock....

Hmmm...Subie calipers...now that's a thought...

I have a 84 GL10 Subaru awaiting parts right now...

I would advise you to upgrade the master...but not go so large as I did unless you're going power...too much pedal effort....

As a sidenote. Check the thickness of the subie rotor. The reason for the z32 calipers and not other 4 pot deals (i.e. mazda, subaru, etc.) is the rotor thickness. They would work on a thinner rotor but the passport rotor is 1.181 thick.